I need two radio buttons on my main application window. I can't find any demo's/tutorials that do this. My attempts to use a modeless dialog box with two radio buttons also have failed. It looks like what I want, but once I select either of the buttons I can't get the focus back to the main application window. I can alternate between the two buttons but I have to end-task the program to quit. Thanks,
Posted on 2000-12-07 14:41:00 by Onyx
It sounds to me like your Dialog box is modal after all. When "breadbording" concepts new to me like radio buttons, I like starting from something simple, concrete, that already WORKS, and then add little pieces till I get the widget I need. I typically start from whatever Iczelion tutorial is closest. To experimant with radio buttons, I would start with "Tutorial 11: More about Dialog Box," example 1, as my base and play with it from there.
Posted on 2000-12-08 03:20:00 by TTom
I've a prog which uses 3 radio buttons on my site: http://www.vombonjour.fr.st It calls ArretZindows, it is also available on Icz' homepage. Vom-bonjour:-()
Posted on 2000-12-08 08:13:00 by Vom-bonjour:-()
Actually, TTom, Iíve been doing just that. My first tests playing around with radio buttons was a demo with rb's on a dialog box. I thought it would be simple to move them to my application window. My first attempt worked. But, ironically, I didn't know that until today when I realized that the demo was "painting" over my buttons. Anyway, thanks for your help. And thanks to von-bonjour also. PS Iczelion's tutorials rock! I have gleaned much information from them as they are very well written. I was, however, using another demo because Tut11 didn't have radio buttons.
Posted on 2000-12-08 11:37:00 by Onyx