Does anyone know a dialog box style that will produce title bar without close button (of course without min&max box), and a dialogbox style that will produce a dialobox without title bar (just client area). I tried every damn combination with WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, WS_SYSMENU..... but always got, in best case, disabled close button.... bLaGoYe
Posted on 2000-12-19 18:59:00 by blagoye
Hi, you have found one of the darkest areas in the windows api :) I tried in my dialog.rc file the WS_VISIBLE style only. This gives a dialog with title string and no other buttons. WS_VISIBLE and WS_POPUP and no CAPTION gives a dialog without any border. Keep in mind, that such styles should not be combined with plus, but with or. beaster.
Posted on 2000-12-20 13:07:00 by beaster
You don't get it because your Editor sets some default values. This is NOT on the fault of Win all the time ;) SpAsm Assembler Dialog Editor does it fine. You can have SpAsm at: http://betov.free.fr/SpAsm.html Now, the problem for you will be to translate from SpAsm syntax to yours: There is an option in the Dialog Editor to retrieve the Dialog Data in the Clipbord, ready to paste in your source. These templates are to be used as 'Dialog Memory Template' (see Win32.hlp), this is to say to be called with 'CreateDialogIndirectParamA'. A naked Dialog with naked title bar looks like this: ; Font A naked Dialog with only cient area lokks like this: ; Font These are SpAsm Data... 'Dž' means 'dWord' / 'Už' means both 'Unicode' and 'Word'. May be another solution for you could be to set the style with a 'SendMessageA' at WM_CREATE time (don't remember wich message but there is one) and send one of the upper first dWords... never did it but should work... betov.
Posted on 2000-12-26 13:06:00 by Betov
To get any floating window (including a dialog box) without a title bar, use WS_POPUP.
Posted on 2000-12-28 00:45:00 by tank
I don't think there's a way to get rid of the close button unless you draw your own title bar.
Posted on 2000-12-29 20:00:00 by tank