Awhile back I obtained a copy of, I believe it was called, "MASM Programmers Reference" from the distro of masm that came with Visual Studio 6. I have since misplaced it and would like to obtain another copy, as I found it quit handy. Anyhow does anyone know if it can be found online or bought through MS Press ? Buying VS or MASM for one book isn't an option ;) Regards
Posted on 2001-01-14 07:07:00 by hadding
My copy of the MASM Programmer's Reference is dog eared, the covers are long gone, as are the table of contents. Last time it was listed, MS was selling MASM for 20 bucks USD as a fufillment option to VC or Studio. Sadly, the link to pricing is now gone, suggesting it is no longer for sale. http://www.microsoft.com/catalog/display.asp?site=239&subid=22&pg=1
Posted on 2001-01-14 11:20:00 by Ernie
I just got a copy from ebay, there were many listing at the time fo MASM 6.11 complete with all three manuals... only paid $30 for it. If you can't obtain one, if you're MSDN Pro/Universal, Disk 19 has MASM 6.11 on it, and it's the full distribution that was commercially sold, complete with word.doc copies of all the manuals organized by chapter. Beyond that, I don't know how to obtain it. Shawn
Posted on 2001-01-14 15:08:00 by _Shawn
Shawn, Any chance of posting that book somewhere? I already have it (in real paper), and see where it would be a great resource to others.
Posted on 2001-01-14 16:36:00 by Ernie
Posted on 2001-01-27 02:32:00 by Hiroshimator
hadding, Showing signs of age, I prefer the book that came with MASM 6.00 as the macros have not changed much or at all. I have done most of my work out of the ALANG.HLP file that can be accessed from the MASM PWB but you can also convert it with the standard accessory program in MASM called HELPMAKE. This makes it into a text file that you can edit and remove the old DOS based stuff from it. The MASM32 help file has most of the useful stuff from ALANG.HLP in it for 32 bit but if you are after some of the older stuff, try converting ALANG.TXT to text format. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-01-27 09:16:00 by hutch--
Ernie, I'm in the process of porting the MASM Docs into a CHM for the Visual Assembler Master project... in the meantime, I have lots of help files I can't read, would you happen to have a DOS help file viewer? _Shawn
Posted on 2001-01-31 13:47:00 by _Shawn
Shawn, I have one back at my other place, will take me a few days to dig it up. I have it in the orgional MASM disks, if you know someone who has those. E
Posted on 2001-01-31 16:57:00 by Ernie
Yeah, I have the originals, on 5 1/4" disks... also on CD, but I don't see the dos help viewer... I thought it shipped on the DOS 6.2, I have that on MSDN Archives CD somewhere, but I have to install DOS... ugh... I'll wait... Thanks.
Posted on 2001-01-31 17:58:00 by _Shawn