I have developed a new H to INC program that I think does a better job of converting the C header files. If you would like to try out the program and give some feedback, then please send me an email address to send the program. I am looking for problems and just cannot check every bit of output. I also would like feedback on options to include. I am trying to get as much of the conversion done without having to manually edit the results later. I have come to the conclusion that this may not happen and may have to settle for a 90/10 solution. I will appreciate anyone's help in this matter. I will explain in further detail the problems and limitations that I know of, when I send a copy to any individuals that choose to help. Thank You.
Posted on 2001-01-24 17:18:00 by Glenn Laderer
Sure I'd like to see that. My greatest complaints with the MS h2inc are: 1) Comments get pasted on following lines, not added back on orgional translated line. 2) whitespace all wrong 3) Untranslatable lines lost: These should be commented and flagged (say start with ;***) 4) They just don't do COM interfaces (hey, I can dream, can't I?)
Posted on 2001-01-25 02:05:00 by Ernie
shawn@visualassembler.freeservers.com I won't know many ideas until I see first... I've always hand translated before. My software profession is R&D in tools that help programmers program, or tools that write tools. So I should not be handl-translating, but I do. Cause I'm old school, I do it the manual way before I do it the automated way. Shawn
Posted on 2001-01-25 13:04:00 by _Shawn