how to patch a DialogBox into the program, how to put the resources data to the program (eg. icon or bitmap) any examples. thanks
Posted on 2000-12-20 15:19:00 by niceguy
what do you mean by 'patch a DialogBox into the program'? to put the resources into the program just make a resource script (eg rscr.rc) with a plain text editor or a resource editor and then just compile it with a resource compiler (rc.exe or other) and link it to your exe. examples? you can get them in Iczelion's tuts.. everything you need to know is there. bye
Posted on 2000-12-20 16:01:00 by ensein
If you mean patch an existing exe with resources I know Borlands Resource Workshop could edit the old 16bit apps for Win 3.x (its a lot of fun deleting the OK button from the close options). But as for adding new ones why? They would waste space as the exe wouldn't call them! Mirno
Posted on 2000-12-21 05:56:00 by Mirno
To replace a resource in a exe file, you can use Microsoft Visual Studio (Visual C++) or the one Borlands Resource Workshop which also allows you to edit 32 bits file under Win 9.x. I have it and it works. Vom-bonjour:-()
Posted on 2000-12-21 07:30:00 by Vom-bonjour:-()
to patch a program in order to add functionalies you can code a patcher, like it' s explained on my website. http://www.effervescence.com
Posted on 2000-12-22 12:31:00 by roy