Where can I find tutors about programing in Direct3D ... How can I go to FullScreen and set resolution fe : 320*240... How Can I draw on it ??? Do I have to use WM_PAINT or there are more comfortable tools ??? Can anyone tell me how write prog. which: - Initializes res.320*200(FullScreen) - Puts a pixel at (30,30) color blue... - waits for esc - exit Thanx a lot !! Lemmy
Posted on 2001-01-08 04:49:00 by Lemmy
No, but if you find any, please let me know. I played around some with the direct draw header ddraw.h, translating it to masm in my dialect of COM. I'd keep going with this if anyone 1) needs it and 2) tests and publishes results
Posted on 2001-01-08 15:11:00 by Ernie
Hi ploting a pixel directly on screen is 2D not 3D :) Today games (like my game) use DirectX interfaces to get access to screen video memory, setup resolutions etc. You can do it in GDI also...but its slower... However you have to be used with GDI style *esp Device Contextsin ordere to be able to move to DirectX ... Our game was first a GDI windowed application...and when we filled confidence we moved to DirectX Now DirectX has many parts some 2D (Directdraw) some 3D (Direct3D)...3D are harder...you have to understand a lots o mathematics and hardware's ways of rendering things on screen ...etc..
Posted on 2001-01-09 00:17:00 by BogdanOntanu
A program like the one you want is pretty simple: 1. create a window and a window callback procedure using standard win32 API 2. on menu or something or even on wm_create message (auto) call DirectDrawCreate to create DirectX object 3.Setup Cooperative level and resolution . this goes you into exclusive mode=full screen at your wanted resolution 4.Create a Primary Surface and a Back buffer and get a pointer to the back buffer 5.somewhere in your code Lock the Backbuffer surface, wrire something to it use eax=003Fh for full blue in 16 bits :) then Unlock It 6. Flip back buffer and Primary surface and voila... you have blue pixel on screen 7. keep doing it until a wm_char (Escape) or wm_keydown message is read. This "keep doing it" is tricky: either you do it on a separated thread or use Peekmessage in a modified message loop to detect idle times and do it there... 8 Exit and clear all DirectX objects
Posted on 2001-01-09 00:27:00 by BogdanOntanu
BogdanOntanu have you got any examples about it ??? If you can would you send it to my E-Mail ??? lemmy@go2.pl Thanx
Posted on 2001-01-11 05:54:00 by Lemmy
Bizzare Creations http://bizarrecreations.webjump.com/ has wonderful source code for Direct3D and OpenGL, it should be all you need to get started.
Posted on 2001-01-11 16:44:00 by Zadkiel
Hi Yes i have some examples of simple DirectX animations and paint.. i was thinking Iczelion also has them on main site (click the big yellow left top picture) but if they are not there... yes i can send them to you via email..no problem :)
Posted on 2001-01-12 00:18:00 by BogdanOntanu
So would you send it ??? Thanx a lot !!! I have downloaded Iczelion's site on HDD and I haven't seen it (maybe I didn't see it) Lemmy
Posted on 2001-01-12 05:21:00 by Lemmy
I have send them :)
Posted on 2001-01-14 17:47:00 by BogdanOntanu
Here's where I first started to learn to program my first program in masm! It's a 7 part tutorial on programming a tetris clone with DirectDraw for graphics, DirectSound for Sound and DirectInput for the input! Very nice set of tutorials, start right from the beginning by learn mov, add, sub, mul, and div. Then it goes up and up till you've got a space tetris game! (The last tutorial in the 7 part series is not yet written though, but it's all there!) See ya, Ben PS Oh yah almost forgot the URL: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/win32asm1/ Hey Iczelion you should almost link to this tutorial set, this is the second best set of tutorials I've seen for asm programming period! There just ain't many good asm tutorials out there.
Posted on 2001-01-14 19:06:00 by cyberben