Does anybody know how to do subject? I know how to do it in NT. But have no idea how to do it in 9x except for going in ring0 and call some system int.
Posted on 2001-01-18 03:18:00 by The Svin
This method should work for both NT and 9x: call CreateFile to open the directory then call SetFileTime to change its date/time
Posted on 2001-01-18 03:54:00 by Iczelion
Greetings! In the matter of fact it is the way I use to change date and time in NT, usign FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS to obtain the handle of directory. However I've failed make it work in 98. When refering to directory CreateFile has always returned -1. You know what that mean :) Having seen your message I (inspared once again) tried to repeat my efforts to get that bloody handle. Once again without any result. I thought may be something wrong with passing arguments to the CreateFile, and wasted an hour while using various combination. Mr. Iczelion, if you are sure that it should work, could you be so kind to send me just caple of lines of some tested code where it really works? Always awaiting your tutorials, The Svin.
Posted on 2001-01-18 08:42:00 by The Svin