Hi there. I've been writing a setup program and would like to see how it runs on other people's systems. The program DOES NOT INSTALL ANYTHING! It just pretends, you'll see the standard dialogs, EULA, select the programs folder etc... I need to know if this runs on WinNT (3.51 and 4.0 prefferably), Win2K, Win98, Win98SE, Win95 and if any poor sole out there still has Win32s go ahead and try it! Thanks, Ben P.S. Oh yah, maybe I should give you a link to get it from? http://members.home.net/cyberben/setup.exe (168kb) (Sorry no compression yet) Thanks!
Posted on 2001-01-28 13:20:00 by cyberben
hey cyberben! I tested your setup.exe and it works fine. I'm using windows 98. the only thing, and its probably some thing your aware of, is on the 'installation destination' screen the browse button does nothing. Cool stuff, but it would be more meaninful to evaluate if it actually installed something. best regards, czDrillard
Posted on 2001-01-28 13:38:00 by czDrillard
I tryed it and worked as told by czDrillard. I am using windows 95. It's very good and well done. ssaguiar
Posted on 2001-01-28 14:29:00 by ssaguiar
heya, Great job, everything works fine (win98SE)! I checked with Inctrl4 and --indeed-- there's nothing installed (people, go ahead and test this one, no need to be afraid, this isn't some kind of trojan :-) Regards, mosk
Posted on 2001-01-28 15:31:00 by mosk
Tried it on Windows Me. Delivers only an Error Message "Setup has caused an error in USER.EXE". Hope this Helps. Titanium
Posted on 2001-01-28 15:33:00 by Titanium
Tested it on NT 4 SP6 and W2K SP1 worked real nice on both operating systems. BTW. is this setup program going to be released free? I'd really appreciate a small free setup program.
Posted on 2001-01-28 16:52:00 by SamiP
The setup program has been developed twice as far since this morning! And yes it will be posted for free with source code so long as Ernie is fine with me including his com source code for creating the shortcuts and so long as Ron Thomas is ok with me using the source code from his PropertySheet/Wizard Example. about 140kb of that 168kb is graphics, notice the neat little fireworks in the upper right corner? and that graphic on the side of the setup boxes and of course the standard icons and such. The program itself isn't more than about 9 functions and a bunch of variables to collect the information of each page. When it's done I'll email these two authors and see if they care about using their code for distribution. Thanks for the tests! See ya, Ben P.S. I'll contact you titanium to figure out this ME problem.
Posted on 2001-01-28 17:18:00 by cyberben