I was wondering, if the specs for dll pluggins for Quick Editor are going to be released sometime in the near future. It doesn't take much to figure out the basic calling and loading parameters needed, but it would be much better if i used the officaly supported methods (you know what i mean). //Thanks//
Posted on 2001-02-05 20:58:00 by George
George, I will get off my butt shortly and write some demo code for how its done, its a very simple interface so it should be no big deal, you will need to know your way around richedit version 1 to write the plugins but it is more or less documanted in win32.hlp. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-02-06 00:34:00 by hutch--
I hope I'm not stepping on hutchs toes here, but he once briefly told me how to do a plug in. Make a dll with two exports:

DllEntry proc hInstance:HINSTANCE, reason:DWORD, reserved1:DWORD

QePlugIn PROC hInst:DWORD, hMain:DWORD, hEd:DWORD, hTool:DWORD, hStat:DWORD
I'm only 100% sure that hEd is the window handle to the rich edit box, but a reasonable guess the others are: hInst: app instance handle hMain: app top window handle hEd: rich edit box handle hTool: tooltab handle hStat: status bar handle Both exports should return zero. Once inside QePlugIn, you now have access to all the controls as they currently exist, and can send window messages to them for changes. edit by hiro: you forgot :) This message was edited by Hiroshimator, on 2/7/2001 12:43:31 AM
Posted on 2001-02-06 13:36:00 by Ernie
nah, sweet as, i had actually had figured out the using disasm the QePlugIn proc etcs, and i even didn't find that hard (which is good for me), but i just didn't want to write anything, and find out that something was gonna change in the near future etc. Thanks anyways....
Posted on 2001-02-08 01:03:00 by George