Hi I guess you all know by now...but i will remember it to you: I and my team are working to a RTS that is written in full Win32ASM. We are using only "a little" from DirectX and try to build our own routines for everything else. here are the links: downloadable playable demo here: www.angelfire.com/game3/bogdanontanu/ www.gdarchive.net/bogdanontanu/index.html and we announce that we go official at: www.hostileencounter.com however this site will be updated shortly...and get a new look... here will be the main news and the latest updates and demos from now on! so bookmak it! A tutorial section about makeing RTS Games in ASM will also be hosted there...soon... please fell free to comment on our latest demo (about 10Megabytes dated 17 november 2000) or wait until we release the new one in about 2 weeks from now on :) Join our beta testers...etc Any discussions about "Hostile Encounter" and/or "Game programming in ASM" in general will be mostly wellcome here :) This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 2/11/2001 2:29:03 PM
Posted on 2001-02-11 08:59:00 by BogdanOntanu
I wanna be a beta-tester :) Besides, I have a question - are you going to sell it or just to distribute for free? What is the goal of creating your game?
Posted on 2001-02-12 14:42:00 by IGosha
Hi I/we will sell it...:) living in Romania is hard and we sure need the money (eh maybe not that hard as in Rusia :) ) so this is a commercial project...i might (just maybe) make it Open Source after i and my team earn some money... But there is a secondary objective also: show the world that a full blown commercial application CAN be just as easy written in ASM as in other programming languages :D About beta testing please register with us after the new site is ready. And here for all potential beta testers: ========================================== 1.We will like to know your machine specifications 2.We need a reliable email address from you, with decent response time 3.A small home network 2-3 PC's is a plus 4. gameing and programming experience is a plus 5.A decent innet connection as demos are around 15Mega now 6.But allmost everybody is wellcome :)
Posted on 2001-02-12 19:03:00 by BogdanOntanu
Besides, I am also creating not a free application - an antivirus program. It's also fully asm-coded. And besides, I started getting some money from it :) Info about me as beta-tester: 2 PCs: 1)PIII-600/192Mb RAM/25Gb 2HDD/GeForce256 32Mb/ESS-1868 :)/Microsoft Intellimouse 2)P-120/32Mb RAM/1.08Gb HDD/S3 Audio-Video E-mail: isumenko@gagarinclub.ru PCs not yet in a network, but I promise they'll be :) Internet connection 10Mbit :) And some gaming experience also.... ;)
Posted on 2001-02-16 00:33:00 by IGosha
Hi IGosha You have downloaded the demo version of our game? if so post some observations/bugs found :) and keep it in a safe folder ...because soon you will have a new version to download and a compare/progress report from you (and all other beta testers) will be appreciated :)
Posted on 2001-02-16 15:57:00 by BogdanOntanu
Had a look at your main webpage, but the links for the screenshoots are all screwed up... the slashes are all mixed up they should be 1st thumbnail: http://www.hostileencounter.com/images/ingame/1lots_of_units_s.jpg 2nd enlarged picture. http://www.hostileencounter.com/images/ingame/2buildings.jpg Looks pretty good though... Youve obvously spent a long time on graphics.
Posted on 2001-02-18 08:57:00 by mega
Ooops...thanks...i will check it out...strange it used to work ok... on angelfire.com...i did something wrong again :) Anyway the main page will be updateed soon..with a new look :) and we did not spend a lot of time in graphics... but i am pleased that you like them :)
Posted on 2001-02-18 09:46:00 by BogdanOntanu
Oops again..it works well with Internet Explorer but has some problems with Netscape...aha it must be a compatibility problem i will check it out...any bugs found in the game besides those (i am ashame) in the web page?
Posted on 2001-02-18 09:50:00 by BogdanOntanu
Bogdan, yes, I have downloaded the latest version some time before and tried to play with it :) Next week I will play a lot and then post smth like a report on it. Okay? ;)
Posted on 2001-02-18 13:48:00 by IGosha