hi, i was wondering how i could get a windows handle? what im doing is getting the window from the mouse point using WindowFromPoint and i want to send the handle of that window to an editbox, but i have no idea how to in asm :(. thanks for any help :).
Posted on 2001-02-14 00:09:00 by hehe
WindowFromPoint PROTO :DWORD,:DWORD
The win32.hlp file is misleading here, you put the 2 co-ordinates in the 2 DWORD parameters. To get the screen co-ordinates, I think you need to use SetCapture and trap the WM_MOUSEMOVE message to get the co-ordinates. This will involve converting them between client and screen co-ordinates with the two conversion functions, ScreenToClient() and ClientToScreen() Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au edit added code tags This message was edited by Hiroshimator, on 2/16/2001 7:48:20 PM
Posted on 2001-02-14 02:07:00 by hutch--
hi hutch, sorry i didnt phrase my question right: what im making is an API spy, for my first program in win32 asm and so far this is my code: invoke SendMessage, WindowID, WM_GETTEXT, 1024, addr buffer invoke SendMessage, TextBoxID, WM_SETTEXT, 0, addr buffer invoke GetClassName, WindowID, addr buffer, SizeOf buffer invoke SendMessage, TextBoxID2, WM_SETTEXT, 0, addr buffer the next box TextBoxID3 is for the windows handle, but im not sure how to get it? :(
Posted on 2001-02-14 14:02:00 by hehe
im sorry to post again about this, but i really cant figure it out. has anyone made an api spy that knows how to retrieve a windows handle#? thanks for any help.
Posted on 2001-02-16 19:31:00 by hehe