Can anyone post some sample code showing the use of a tree view control incorporated into a dialog box? Tutorial 19 on Tree View controls is very informative, but it created a new window with a SysTreeView32 class. I need code for a tree view control in an existing dialog box. Thanks.
Posted on 2001-02-20 13:34:00 by Schwartzteufel
Try putting it into the dialog child control area like this: CONTROL "", RESOURCE_NUMBER, "SysTreeView32", X-pos, Y-pos, width, height, Style, ExStyle "SysTreeView32" is the registered class name. You can replace this with *any* registered class, even those you registered yourself (which is how MS itself can extend the 'standard' controls).
Posted on 2001-02-20 19:41:00 by Ernie
I actually know how to add the Tree View control to my dialog box, what I really need to know is how to control and send messages to it. Especially adding items to the tree view control in a dialog box.
Posted on 2001-02-20 20:12:00 by Schwartzteufel
I just happen to have wrote such a program that you are looking for, it is not done it shows how to do what you wanted and maybe you can go from where I left off at, it puts a tree into a dialogbox,I was coding it to replace the BrowseForFolder proc in masm32.lib cuz I could not get it to work right. anyway you can download it at: www.masm32.com it is called Tree demo hope this helps.
Posted on 2001-02-25 20:55:00 by Zcoder