Does anyone know what wParam and lParam stand for? The reason I ask is because whenever I handle another window message, I have no clue what data is passed to which parameter. If I know the names I might have a clue where as to what it holds. My second question is this. How can I drag the entire window around on the screen instead of dragging that little box? Thanks.
Posted on 2001-02-20 21:47:00 by James
an old naming convention that has failed now that ints are 32bit they both use a DWORD
Posted on 2001-02-20 22:11:00 by Hiroshimator
Is there a reference around that tells what each parameter holds for each window message?
Posted on 2001-02-20 22:22:00 by James
Microsoft MSDN Here you'll find them all
Posted on 2001-02-20 23:28:00 by Hiroshimator
First I thought that I could do without one, and then I just kept putting it off; but I just bought an API reference (title, Microsoft Windows 2000 Super Bible by Richard J. Simon). Of course, all the examples are in C++ code, but I can read that. It does explain all the very basic stuff in a very basic way :P What it's missing is all the API constants and messages. I just like having a book, but a CHM version with all the constants and messages defined would be awesome. I'm reading it back to front just so I'll know which API function exist - even if I'll never use them in my own code :) bitRAKE
Posted on 2001-02-20 23:42:00 by bitRAKE
Gee, I've got a fully searchable CHM verion of the win32 helpfile. I've had it for a few years now. A very nice thing. In fact, I've got it twice, on 2 CD's. It's called MSDN, and you get it free with just about any MS development tool. (I got one with VB and another with VC) Now stop growning. Go buy somthing. I got VB and VC for about 50 bucks each years ago. Educational editions of the Pro versions. Complete packages. Redistribution rights too. Try computer shows, online searches. If the vendor really wants a student ID, go find a student.
Posted on 2001-02-21 00:52:00 by Ernie
You can also access the MSDN Library online at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp :)
Posted on 2001-02-21 01:39:00 by S/390
'growning' - I was bragging :P bitRAKE
Posted on 2001-02-21 21:12:00 by bitRAKE