I have started a project based on your 3dframes. My question is, how do I change the bold text to normal text and get rid of the frames the labels are in? I use text boxes such as Text1 ect:, as labels. I am really new to Masm32 and find it confusing yet. The same for the text on the buttons. Thanks Bob.:)
Posted on 2001-02-23 11:57:00 by BobMcK
Bob, I would be inclined to have a look at the procedures in the MASM32 library for doing any framing in the interface. The library is easy enough to use but it lets you lay out this type of interface in a reasonably flexible way. What I would suggest rather than stripping the 3D framing example is to make yourself a new skeleton program with the code generator Prostart and use it to experiment with. Make sure you haver a copy of WIN32.HLP as reference as it is necessary to understand the large range of functions and messages in Windows. In the example, if you scroll down to the "WndProc" procedure and have a look at the message WM_CREATE, thats how the buttons are created. You can change the text in buttons by changing the string data there, by sending each button a message with the WM_SETTEXT message or you can use the function SetWindowText. The WM_PAINT message processing in the WndProc calls a procedure called "Paint_Proc". This is where the framing procedures are called and it is here where you modify them if you need to. The library framing procedures are normally used from a procedure that is called from the WM_PAINT message. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-02-23 17:54:00 by hutch--
Hi Hutch: Ok, I will follow your suggestions and try Prostart. Thanks for your help. I know I will be back for more. Bob. This message was edited by BobMcK, on 2/23/2001 9:45:27 PM
Posted on 2001-02-23 21:43:00 by BobMcK