I need help on the hello world demo. I'm brand spanking new to asm coding and I'm already stuck. Heres my problem I build the hello world demo just like it says to in _masta_'s tutorial and when I push build all it says syntax error: Locals syntax error: jumps Any help. I put my code at the bottom so mabey you can tell me whats wrong with it. Any help would be appreciated. .386P Locals jumps .Model Flat, StdCall mb_ok equ 0 hWnd equ 0 lpText equ offset text lpCaption equ offset caption extrn ExitProcess : PROC extrn MessageBoxA : PROC .Data text db "Hello World",13,10 db "_masta_ greets everybody who reads this tut", 0 caption db "Hello",0 ;Captionstring, 0-terminated .Code Main: push mb_ok push lpCaption push lpText push hWnd call MessageBoxA CALL ExitProcess End Main ;-----------------------END-------------------tut.asm ;----------------------Start------------------make.bat tasm32 /mx /m3 /z /q tut tlink32 -x /Tpe /aa /c tut,tut,, import32.lib ;-----------------------END-------------------make.bat
Posted on 2001-02-24 00:37:00 by asmbeginner
asmbeginner, Masta's tutorials were very good a few years ago but TASM is no longer supported by Borland/Inprise and most of the available code and support in assembler is for MASM. You can get MASM32 as legal freeware and it has enough examples and help file to get you out of the "Hello World" and into writing working code. http://www.pbq.com.au/home/hutch/masm.htm Most people here are using some form of MASM code and you will have a much better chance of getting asistance in MASM than TASM. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-02-24 07:12:00 by hutch--
if you insist on using TASM... :) use those commands...should work fine tasm32 /kh16384 /ml /m6 /q /w+ /p /mv64 tut.asm tlink32 /Tpe /aa /c tut.obj, tut, , , ,rsrc.res but modify this: change "Locals" ...to "locals" (case matters in win32asm...:P not here ...but better get used with it ) add a "includelib import32.lib" after the STDCALL statement (works like you did also...but what do you do if you have 10 libs to include :D ? delete the ", , , rsrc.res" from the link statement if you dont have any resources...as in your simple messagebox example...but you will need it soon :) can delete the /kh16384 also as you will not use a huge symbol table....but remeber it for later .. the rest should work... :) This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 2/25/2001 9:27:54 PM This message was edited by BogdanOntanu, on 2/25/2001 9:34:06 PM
Posted on 2001-02-25 21:20:00 by BogdanOntanu