I am using the Masm32.lib and trying to use the BrowseForFolder Proc, on compiling it comes up with an error, unresolved external symbol CoTaskMemFree@4 why is this? I have included all the INC's and LIB's that it says to in the Example code given by Iczelion's dialogs demo. I made a project from scratch using Prostart then added the LIBs that it said was needed then just put the one line: invoke BrowseForFolder,hWin, lpBuffer, lpTitle, lpString and I get that error, when I take out this line the program compiles correctly. I have masm32.lib included and the masm32.inc with shell32 and condlg32 stuff in it as well. Can anyone shed anylight on what is wrong here?
Posted on 2001-02-25 11:49:00 by Zcoder
CoTaskMemFree is defined in ole32.inc. You need include that and it's library.
Posted on 2001-02-25 12:24:00 by Ernie
I have ole32.inc in my source I forgot to mention that one. also the error says masm32.obj as the file that has the problem.
Posted on 2001-02-25 13:08:00 by Zcoder
I believe masm32.obj is the masm32 library. Try rebuilding it (just double click the make.bat file in MASM32\M32LIB)
Posted on 2001-02-25 13:44:00 by Ernie
ok I rebuilt Masm32 it went smothly, but I still get the same error on the Masm32.obj witch is the masm32.lib I don't understand it, I cam compile the example unsing this same lib, I have made sure I have everything that the example has in it, almost to the point where if I go any farther I will have made the same example. LOL this is not adding up. I also found a problem while trying to fix this program and it is with the new windows.inc, other programs I have written won't compile right with the new windows.inc
Posted on 2001-02-25 14:58:00 by Zcoder
Zcoder, The code in MASM32 v6 and the service pack were built around the version of windows.inc that came with MASM32v6. Until the later versions can be successfully debugged so they are compatible with the code that people have built with the earlier versions, I would recommend using the release version from MASM32v6. The BrowseForFolder proc should be very reliable as it was tested extensively before it was released. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-02-25 15:08:00 by hutch--