how do i get the HANDLE to a message box's "OK" button (for example). i'll tell u what i wanted 2 do : while installing the microsoft platform SDK from the internet, i ran across problems with my connection. so every few minutes, i got a dialog says that a file cannot be found. i wanted to make a small util that'll scan for the window ("FindWindow"), and whenever it pops up, the "Retry" button will automatically be pressed. now, i can find the window handle, but i can't find the "retry" button's one. i've tried several API's (GetNextDlgGroupItem for example) but still it didn't work. i also used the "Spy++"just to see if it would work with the REAL handle and not the one i'm trying to get and it worked of course. i just need the damn handle. Can u c the problem ?
Posted on 2001-03-03 13:26:00 by lsx
Check Vombonjour's Web Page for something called Set&Get. Hope that helps, bitRAKE
Posted on 2001-03-04 03:21:00 by bitRAKE
no - i can get the handle with "Spy++" - but this is only the CURRENT handle. the handle changes each time the window appears again. i need a general solution - to get the button's handle EACH time the window reappears.
Posted on 2001-03-04 04:17:00 by lsx
You probably need one of the enumeration functions to get the child windows of the window handle that you can get from FindWindow(). The problem will be that it may not work across different processes. Have PHUN. hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-03-04 04:23:00 by hutch--
Handles of windows are system-wide unique.
Posted on 2001-03-05 23:01:00 by tank
Ok. i got it. i use "EnumChildWindows". works fine.
Posted on 2001-03-09 16:15:00 by lsx