The Rich Edit window control has a very nice COM interface built in. MSDN documents this Text Object Model (TOM), and it looks quite useful. However, I don't have most of the .h header files to translate to .asm. These interfaces consist of:

ITextDocument             Top-level editing object
    ITextStoryRanges      Enumerator for stories in document
    ITextRange            Primary text interface: range of text
        ITextFont         Character-attribute interface
        ITextPara         Paragraph-attribute interface
    ITextSelection        Screen highlighted text range that
                          inherits all ITextRange methods
Excepting ITextDocument and ITextSelection, I can't find these, nor any of the interesting defines they must use. Would someone please do a search in files in their VC\include areas for these interfaces, and send me any relevant headers? (I really don't want to D/L the new SDK over a dial-up). Thanks
Posted on 2001-03-06 11:51:00 by Ernie
Ernie, I have the "h" files from the new SDK. A quick grep turned up: ITextDocument ITextStoryRanges ITextRange ITextFont ITextPara ITextSelection in TOM.h (224kb) I can zip & mail later today if you want.
Posted on 2001-03-06 15:31:00 by anon
Thanks anon and everyone else. I now have the headers. (Who wants to test them) ;-)
Posted on 2001-03-06 17:55:00 by Ernie
I am GAME for testing them. I was just about to get into this same stuff.
Posted on 2001-03-06 20:42:00 by Zcoder
Ernie, are they the C++ headers? I have a tom.h (218)Kb on my dive (mostlikely the same). I came with the MS AGENT SDK, as there is an example that makes use of it as well. My Question is if you are handing out the translated tom.inc i would definiely be intersted.. :) BTW, I uncovered some really cool stuff with the MS AGENT, i got 2 com's ready and wraper marcros made, for agent characters that speak and anamate, and as well a COM interface to just the speach engine if one doesnt like the see dancing characters. My newest 'hack' is working on speach recognition COM's, there is a cool C++ example that allows you to command you computer to open menu items etc. (it works surprisingly well.. it would be a neat feature in an IDE.. , you wouldnt need to to reach for your mouse to compile, just say so.. :) This little project is getting bigger... and bigger... and. ... NaN
Posted on 2001-03-13 22:48:00 by NaN
Nan, Wow, sounds like FUN. I'd be interested in seeing your results, but since I listen to a lot of talk radio while I code, I'd hate to think of the unintended concequesces ;-) I got TOM.h last week thanks. Would you believe the asm .inc file translate is only 22K long? 1/10th the size? It's also been included in CoLib 1.1, so you probably already have that header. (If not, you know where to go)
Posted on 2001-03-14 00:41:00 by Ernie
Thanx, And no, I didnt realize it was there... As for the rest, as soon as i wip up some english to go with the asm I will post what I have gotten hacked out (somewhere ~ maybe i should get a web page ;) ) NaN
Posted on 2001-03-14 00:53:00 by NaN
Hi Ernie, If you get the ITextFont interface to work, send me a message. I tried for some hours to set the ForeColor with the SetForeColor method, but there was always the error "Text is write protected". beaster
Posted on 2001-03-15 06:43:00 by beaster
beaster, Sorry, no examples on how to use that interface, and I'm new to the RichEdit control too. In any case, maybe if I knew a bit more about what you are up to I could suggest things to try. Or try asking "how do I change the text color in a rich edit" in the general section.
Posted on 2001-03-15 09:32:00 by Ernie