thanks for the job done on this message board. The new icons are wonderful. I don't see any problem. Angelo
Posted on 2001-03-07 17:54:00 by angelo
I have to agree... The board is working great, and my old probs seem to have faded away.. :) Hiro, I actually had an idea yesterday while i was hacking out a work around for ICQ's less than reliable file-transfers. Since i couldnt send a file to my buddy, I opend an Idive account and uploaded it for my buddy to download.. This worked only too well, so i played with it a bit and realized i can simply link to a public shared data folder. (Actually made an ASM file goto the folder in a practice experiment). My idea was perhaps the board could make use of this and have examples being uploaded and shared more readily though this (as well as being discussed). All you would have to do i open an account (its a free service), and add a button or something to jump to it off the page... Unless moderated, the account would need to be public with a public password for uploading (perhaps members only).. I realize this opens a door for virus's and sabotage, but if all we share is .asm's and text related, you dont have to worry. If someone does upload .exe's etc. its at the public's discretion to download it and check the exe's. I just think it would make for less work on people who say 'oh ya i did something like that once..', then cut and past code fragments.. this way they would have the option of just up'n the file and saying so... The Text Object Model headers, that Ernie is offering to E-Mail, would be an example of its possible use... The webpage: I-Drive.com My Shared folder with a dumb dialog experiment shared: NaN!... NaN This message was edited by NaN, on 3/7/2001 8:57:42 PM
Posted on 2001-03-07 18:46:00 by NaN
most of those drive offerers are blocking shared public access now to eliminate warez sharing. And if you don't log-in enough, then they'll delete it: I know I had an i-drive account :) This message was edited by Hiroshimator, on 3/8/2001 12:51:06 AM
Posted on 2001-03-08 00:49:00 by Hiroshimator
Ya... It came to me that if you can write your own web user board, odds are you have already considered and seen such... :) No biggy, It was a spontaneous idea anyways. NaN
Posted on 2001-03-08 17:52:00 by NaN