hi. i wanna try to program my own serial mousedriver for microsoft compatible mice. but before i can start, i have to know the correct io-addresses of the com ports. the io-addresses for com1 range from 03f8h to 03ffh. that's 8 bytes for the com port. each of these 8 bytes is a special "register" (i know the first 5 of these bytes): TRB IER IIR LCR MCR 3F8h, 3F9h, 3FAh, 3FBh, 3FCh TRB = Transmit/Receive Buffer (read/write) IER = Interrupt Enable Register (read/write) IIR = Interrupt Identification Register (read only) LCR = Line Control Register (read/write) MCR = Modem Control Register (read/write) But i'm not sure with the following 3 bytes. helppc and Ralf Brown's Interrupt List say that 3FDh is the LSR (Line Status Register), 3FEh the MSR (Modem Status Register) and 3FFh the Scratch Pad Register. But i've seen a source code of a serial mouse driver and this one assumes that 3FEh is the LSR and 3FFh the MSR. So what is correct now? Can anybody help me with this one please? Thanks in advance.
Posted on 2001-03-11 07:06:00 by its_me
You might find this link interesting: http://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/mouse.html try doing a search for "+mouse +hardware" on your favorite search engine, or have a look at the (very dirty) linux kernel sourcecode (or GPM, a linux mouse tool). Hope this helps just a tiny bit.
Posted on 2001-03-14 05:43:00 by f0dder