Hello to everybody! I have a question: is it possible to produce a code, that can be executed either in the DOS mode or in the WINDOWS mode? I would be greatful for the small example! Best regards
Posted on 2001-03-12 10:45:00 by Dmd
ok, i know, i'm not a big help, but i know that it is possible. i've seen such an example somewhere in the net, i think it is in one of the api journals. you'll find the link on my website.
Posted on 2001-03-12 10:55:00 by [SaFc0n]
If you know how to write a DOS exe file, use it as the DOS stub for the 32 bit PE file and then write you normal 32 bit file. In DOS it will run the DOS program, in 32 bit windows, it will run the windows code. You will need to check the linker's help screen to get the syntax to do it but it no big deal. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-03-12 13:03:00 by hutch--
If you need examples on writting DOS programs go look at my site, I have a page that has over 200 example source codes as well as many DOS compilers and linkers. also alot of DOS IDE's. well worth checking out if your not to good with DOS the info is all about DOS programming in Pmode and DOS flat modes as well. You will need this info before you start to code in this black world of DOS. This message was edited by Zcoder, on 3/14/2001 3:14:37 PM
Posted on 2001-03-12 14:31:00 by Zcoder