Hiro, Why does the board timeout so damn fast? Seems like I have 5 mins tops to make a post, else the page forgets who I am and oft looses my post text. I do NOT concider this a feature. Then, after it forgets who I am, it insists I'm still logged in. UGHHHH Must it timeout? signed, MIFFED in New York ;-)
Posted on 2001-03-12 10:45:00 by Ernie
all asp sessions timeout it's inevitable time-out is set at 90 not 5 however I don't have the same problem so I'd like others to tell me wether they experience this as well
Posted on 2001-03-12 13:41:00 by Hiroshimator
I have been having the same problem, I thought maybe you was working on the forum. I seem to loose my cookies so to speek. and it says I can't post to this name it belong to another user. mmmm, something like that. somedays, it ok.
Posted on 2001-03-12 14:24:00 by Zcoder
I have the same problem if i use Netscape Navigator... no such problem with IE 5.0 thought.... anyway i am back to Netscape...because of Security problems in IE 5.0 Eh cant have them all can we?
Posted on 2001-03-12 14:41:00 by BogdanOntanu
I have to same problem too. When i type in my first post, it works fine, and whenever i post after that, I has my usename set, cause i have logged in (or something). If i take a while to write a post, which is usal, it says when i click the submit reply button, please enter a valid username, which I cant, because i dont have an edit box to type one into :(
Posted on 2001-03-12 15:08:00 by George
I have had the problem in the past, and I am using IE-5.01/SP1 (plus the Windows update patches released since SP1). 5 minutes seems about right. I now compose any long posts in Wordpad and copy/paste them. Or if I get distracted, even while making a "short" post, I "copy" the entire message just before I hit submit. If it does time-out, I can just "paste" it and try again. Haven't noticed if it happens on the first, vs. second, third etc. post. :)
Posted on 2001-03-12 15:48:00 by S/390
Im starting to think that was why my origional problem was way back when... I almost expect it now when im puttin a message together... Im in the groove now where i just go: CTRL-A, CTRL-C NaN :)
Posted on 2001-03-12 18:06:00 by NaN
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? I have never experienced any problems with timeout, login probs, or anything related with that! I am using MS Internet Explorer 5.0 on Windows 98 SE (German) on a ISDN T-Online Connection. Just wanted to add my experience Stefan
Posted on 2001-03-13 10:24:00 by Stefan Krause
I just went through the code and it seems that certain calls where omitted by me now where they should have been. I think it will be better for you now :)
Posted on 2001-03-14 02:11:00 by Hiroshimator