I've been thru every book at the bookstore on DX programming. Windowed mode is not one of their stong points. Ohh, and C++ is not one of my strong points. I can sorta understand how to do it, but most example code has alot of unecessary stuff. Like the in the DX7 SDX. I've been trying to do the best I can at stripping out the excess, and am getting closer, but I want to use asm not C++. Any sources, tutorials, ect for DX window mode? I only have 1 monitor, window mode will make debugging much easier. Thanks
Posted on 2001-03-12 19:43:00 by asm_happy
Sorry I have tried...tried and failed.... :( to do it on my video board.. anyway a windowed mode will be too damn different from a full screen mode ... so debugging full screen will have its share anyway... I looks that the videoboard has to help you a little here...but then again it is possible i did something wrong...
Posted on 2001-03-13 21:30:00 by BogdanOntanu
I guess I'm glad to know I'm not the only person to stuggle with windowed mode. I did find a very basic C++ source. http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article608.asp It gives code for windowed mode with no extra fluff. I'll try to convert it to MASM. When I have time.
Posted on 2001-03-14 13:38:00 by asm_happy