I've fixed several bugs and added some new features to AsmEdit. A couple of the features are: 1. A Togglable WorkArea. 2. A Code Generator. If you have the time check it out and see if I'm heading in the right direction with the Code Generator. It's on Iczelion's web page. Thanks, Ewayne
Posted on 2001-03-16 09:27:00 by Ewayne
I added a BUILD button to the toolbar :) I have a batch file that builds everything I write. I don't want to make a new batch/makefile for every project. Instead I just make a directory in my project folder, put the files there, and stick to some common names. The main file is the name of the directory, same with the resource file if it exists. It was easy to add a button that executes the batch file with the main file name as parameter one in the project's directory. Thanks, bitRAKE
Posted on 2001-03-16 10:51:00 by bitRAKE
Thats why I supplied the source, so folks can modify the program to suit their needs. I don't know what I'm doing or what direction the program is heading so I need all of the help I can get. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-03-16 11:32:00 by Ewayne
I just tried your new update nice improvements and addons. I like the Toolbar generator it will help me alot. so far I have not found any new BUGS. Keep up the good work. BitMan
Posted on 2001-03-16 11:55:00 by BitMan
Regards! I remember your work since your post asm calculator some years ago. Now, to business: 1. Your calc has a bug in 1/X function: if there is float number less than 1 it generates GPF The bug was there when I saw it for the first time and still reains. 2. Make CONTENTS DEPENDABLE HELP Win32 opening - retrive either word the caret it on or selected text from your editor and send if as a parameter to WinHelp function when user call Win32 menu item function. I sent the whole logic how to do it some days ago to this msgboard. Good luck! Keep codding! The Svin.
Posted on 2001-03-16 11:57:00 by The Svin
To The Svin, I just downloaded the calc and entered .0014 in Float mode and pressed the 1/X button and got the proper results?? I use the 1/X function quite a bit with no problems. I cant't seem to find your post about CONTENTS DEPENDABLE HELP, but if more folks want the feature I'm sure I could figure it out. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-03-16 13:17:00 by Ewayne
Let's ask anybody who has NT or 2000 to do simple task with your calc: 1. Enter any number in the calc 2. Press 1/X button TWICE! 3. Report what's happend. ------- I'm sure that anybody prefer to have topic they need opened at once by the prog for them instead of doing it manualy. All IDE do this. And I'm sure you can make your version as to how to do it for I saw your code. If you may be interested in my code it was in topic regarding IDE, something like "What do you want from IDE?" by Hiro. The Svin.
Posted on 2001-03-16 14:38:00 by The Svin
I just tried the calc with your sequence under NT and there was a problem. I guess i never done a 1\X twice in a row. I missed saving the edx before an API call, I thought i had caught all of them. Anyway the problem is fixed, I will email you the updated source and exec if you like. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will expand on the help functions for AsmEdit for the next release. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-03-16 17:22:00 by Ewayne
I'm glad you fixed it fast. please, e-mail new version.
Posted on 2001-03-16 18:16:00 by The Svin
Ewayne, Can I encroach on you for a small favour, Icz's site is down at the moment and I cannot download a copy of your latest version, could you email it to me at hutch@pbq.com.au. I would be interested to know what include files you are using as the last version I had would not build with the MASM32 include files that I had, it seemed you have some equates and structures that were not in WINDOWS.INC version 1.18. Regards & sorry for any inconvenience. hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-03-16 19:11:00 by hutch--
Hey Ewayne I just noticed all of your Virtual Key functions have gone away on AsmEdit! They were there on the earlier release, did you mean to remove them? I need to have them back. BitMan
Posted on 2001-03-18 11:38:00 by BitMan
One step forward and two steps back. When I added the togglable Work Area (which is a complete main window and edit control with its own message loop) I put it in the same process as AsmEdit. I will need to create a seperate process for the Work Area, It will take me about an hour. If anyone would like an updated version of AsmEdit let me know and I will email it to you. Sorry for the inconvenience. I need to test my programs better. Ewayne This message was edited by Ewayne, on 3/18/2001 6:11:03 PM
Posted on 2001-03-18 17:09:00 by Ewayne