Well I updated the database and the offline browser so any 'sync but doesn't update' problems are out of this world now :) The offline database format has changed a bit as well. So you need to download the database again. If you already downloaded the previous install files then you can probably get away with downloading the executable only. The Database Just the executable file Partial Install (lacks MDAC and VB6 runtime/OLE automation) Full install The images The images need to be unzipped in a directory named 'Images' in the application directory. The database and executable file (if you choose to download this) needs to be unzipped in the application directory. Should you have downloaded the semi install and you notice that it still needs things, then you can download VB6 runtimes or Microsoft Data Access Components . You only need to install those once so if you have already installed those then don't bother with them again. If you haven't done this already, then you need to ad a DSN that points to the database: go to your control panel, look for ODBC32 and a User DSN named 'Offline Messageboard' and point it to the database. just click 'Add', Select Microsoft Access Driver and click finish. Set 'Offline Messageboard' as datasource name. Then click on select, locate the offline.mdb database in the install directory and select it. Then just click OK. That's it :) My sincere apologies to anyone needing to download the database again, it's a must do I'm afraid. If you already downloaded the previous full or semi-full install then you can probably only download the executable file now :) This message was edited by Hiroshimator, on 3/21/2001 6:07:37 PM
Posted on 2001-03-21 13:20:00 by Hiroshimator
I've updated the executable file with Shawn's fix.
Posted on 2001-03-22 12:50:00 by Hiroshimator
Thanks, Hiro! Long Life to you and your board! The Svin.
Posted on 2001-03-22 13:21:00 by The Svin
What I did notice people: if you happened to reinstall the full or partial install, then you replaced base.htm I noticed that my HTML editor used a path and I failed to see it untill today. so locate base.htm in the application directory, open it with notepad, the gun or your favorite HTML editor and replace HREF="file:///C:/projects/Offline%20Messageboard%20Browser/style.css" with HREF="./style.css" that way the posts will look exactly like in the board. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm very busy at the moment and neglected to check it on a PC other then my home development box. But it's an easy fix :)
Posted on 2001-03-22 16:45:00 by Hiroshimator
Hiro, Don't know if it's just me... but when I apply that fix, any message which has only one post in it (IE the only post) will not diplay, but only each thereafter... I'll look into it if I can... Thanks, _Shawn
Posted on 2001-03-22 17:24:00 by _Shawn
Hiroshimator, Will you be refreshing the offline database periodically?
Posted on 2001-04-12 23:30:00 by SFinegan
Hi! It's a very cool idea but your program works very slowly on my machine :confused:. What must I do? -------------------------------------------------------------- - Pentium II, 450 Mhz; - 64 RAM; - 12 GB HD; - Windows 98 Second Edition; - Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0. --------------------------------------------------------------
Posted on 2001-04-14 02:06:00 by vkim