Hello, A while ago i wrote a basic graphical program. It used MA32LIB's circle, and windows's ARC, PIE, and LINE functions. I didnt provide any fancy back-buffering. After any change in objects locations (x,y's) i called InvlaidateRect to force a repaint. invoke InvalidateRect, hWin, NULL, TRUE And the program worked and tested fine on window 9x machines, but when i gave it to the person who asked me to build this basic tool, he used it on Win NT and the program acted as if the background WASNT being erase and quickely got real mess of lines and objects overlapping everywhere... Im personally puzzled how this is happening, i chose to stay with the basic graphic set in windows such that i could maximize portability (didnt want to go OpenGL or DirectX because of needed .dll's). Has anyone seen this problem before? I checked out the online MSDN and it says its fully suported by NT *(basicaly my problem shouldnt happen )*.. Suggestions? Thoughts? NaN
Posted on 2001-03-24 13:19:00 by NaN
The only thing i can think of is maybe Windows NT doesn't support the NULL default for the entire client window. So if you replaced a rect structure in there and give it a go.

invoke GetClientRect ,hWin,ADDR rect
invoke InvalidateRect ,hWin,ADDR rect,TRUE
Posted on 2001-03-24 18:53:00 by George
i don't think that this is the problem, i've tried that on windows nt some time ago, too. i'm not really sure, but that InvalidateRect isn't the problem. perhaps there's something wrong with your GDI functions? post some of them in here, please. bye
Posted on 2001-03-25 02:52:00 by [SaFc0n]