For those of you who have been interested in the docking Toolbars I've been working on, I've posted a *preliminary* sample on my site. This is intended to be a working sample for current applications under development, not a finished product. For those of you who wish to include the docking feature, you have a guide to add it in early (instead of re-writing half your source later on to shoe-horn it in). Please note: this is a very early working version. It doesn't do a heck of a lot. It has bugs (well, it doesn't seem to crash) (not much anyway). I know this. So don't send me bug reports. However, do feel free to heap on me praise an adoration. ;-) -------------------------- "Marge, donít discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. Itís what separates us from the animals except the weasel."
Posted on 2001-03-24 13:35:00 by Ernie
All I will say is that you have more than one directory on my hard drive :P I really will be using a LOT of your work - it's just going to take me a while. So, keep it coming! bitRAKE
Posted on 2001-03-24 14:08:00 by bitRAKE
As irony would have it I logged on to look up in the history of posts for any such discussions :) I D/L'd it and it look good... didnt crash on mine :) Good work, I look forward to your progress.. NaN
Posted on 2001-03-24 14:16:00 by NaN
Well... for those of you who didn't download it yet... Seems I checked it again (NEVER release a package you make the day you make it), found a few ommissions, rebuilt the distributable... Well, the pretty buttons are gone. Oops DOH !!!
Posted on 2001-03-24 15:10:00 by Ernie
Well, that is very impressive.. I really like that. to bad your not thinking of showing us the source.. All though I think I know what all you did to make it, it is still something you just can't code over night.. your doing very good and it does do what you planed it to do, I was checking for any bugs, you said there might be some, so I played with it for over 30 minutes (men with there toys) go figure.. anyway I found none. it never once skiped a byte of code... Like I said...Too,Too,Too,Too,BAD we could not see the code, could save us alot of figuring out.. oh, well, keep up the good work...
Posted on 2001-03-25 17:11:00 by Zcoder
im flooding today so give me a break.... umm the source code is included with his docking toolbar zip. smurf
Posted on 2001-03-25 17:23:00 by smurf
smuf, Nah, thst's not the source for the tooltab, just the source for how to re-use the dll it's inside. There's no deep mystery in how they work, I've posted the basic trick several times. The ToolTab is a custon window class I made, it starts as a regular TOOLWINDOW sytle, but when you give it a WM_DOCK message, it converts itself to a child window (just a few SetWindowLong calls), and docks on a rebar. The rebar has to have a bit of knowedge about ToolTabs, so it's slightly customized (it's a subclass), mostly for paint methods. The DocSpace is another custom class, not very big either, it's main purpose is to handle resizing of everything so the overall app doesn't need to do much to keep things aligned. It also paints that nice double line around everything. Having the source isn't going to be very helpfull, as some of the methods take pages and pages of code, like 100 lines just to re-size a tooltab on a rebar, not to do the visual drag, not to figure out how much to resize it, just to do the actual resize. And I kinda hacked the state flags of the ToolTab itself (it grew out of an experiment, not from a plan). I'll answer any questions anyone has if they want to make one themselves. --------------------- "I think Smithers picked me because of my motivational skills. Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I'm around."
Posted on 2001-03-25 22:58:00 by Ernie