What browser side are you onIE4IE5IE5.5NS4NS6Opera 3Opera 4Opera 5Other a poll to test if the poll works and I'm a bit curious ;)
Posted on 2001-03-26 15:29:00 by Hiroshimator
seems to... Umbongo
Posted on 2001-03-26 15:31:00 by umbongo
Is it possible we can get multiple choice poll's, too, where we can check only up to a maximum number of items... because, even in the polls that I've come up with, and this, no one answer is truly good enough... for example, I use IE 5.5 mostly where possible, but there other times when I don't even use IE... for all intents and purposes, one can correctly presume IE 5+ is my browser of choice -- it is... but, realistically, some polls don't allow me to express my true thoughts... being only limited by the fact that a multiple of choices correctly and equally express my intent, while having to pick only one of which. It's like a triangle... it's only a triangle if it has three connected lines... take one away, it's not a true triangle... same here... take a quantity of the collective plurality of choices I wish to consider equal, and it's not longer equal or my true thought... just a minor subset of the intended expression... Just a thought, _Shawn
Posted on 2001-03-26 15:45:00 by _Shawn
hmm... guess so but problem is that with checkbpxes it will even be harder to make up a good poll IMO. I'll rethink the routine a bit. But it's not for tomorrow, I'm going to sleep in a while :)
Posted on 2001-03-26 15:59:00 by Hiroshimator
IE5, i don't like IE5.5 is has a feature that is the most stupid i've ever seen: Suppose i sit at school (200 computers sharing a 0.5Mbit line = 2400 modem speed) using IE5.5. Then i try to access a webpage but it timeouts (thanks to our net at school) with IE5 i'll simply press F5 or "Update" until i get the page. This does not work on IE5.5 because whenever IE5.5 fails to access a page it flags the page as unaccessable for the reminder of the session. The only thing one can do is close IE and restart it, then it will accept the URL again. That's why IE5.5 SUCKS!!!!! And IE6.0 fucked a friends computer up so bad he had to reinstall Win2000. So IE5 is the only choice for me ;)
Posted on 2001-04-11 08:41:00 by Zynaps
I don't have that problem with IE5.5 - refresh(F5) all the time. Don't know what's different with my system? Running Win2K.
Posted on 2001-04-11 13:28:00 by bitRAKE
he's correct. IE 5.5 does only rememher the page if it was once previously successful completely. If you interrupt the stream or refresh it in the middle of the stream, it'll either start all over again (caching nothing) or make it unnaccessible. The way to work around it is to set your settings that check for a new version everytime you visit. Also, scrap the cache so it won't try to hang on to anything. Sometimes that'll work, other times it won't. I've had that problem on 98 and 2k alike. IT's just a "feature" that they thought the browser would try to "guess" how you want things or interpret server messages or results or whatever. _Shawn
Posted on 2001-04-11 13:41:00 by _Shawn