RadASM V 1.0.7
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: If you are updateing, make a backup.

Unzip RadASM.zip to C:\RadASM

Fixed bugs and improvements
Fixed Bugs:
-Fixed some minor problems.

New Options:
-Make, Help and Tools menu accelerators.
-More pre defined Menu editor accelerators.

New Features:
-Right click menus on Project and Output tool windows.
-Lock / Unlock file (Read only).
-Improved Code Properties search.
Still needs to be manually refreshed if new code properties are added
to your code, but no need to refresh if lines are added or deleted.
-Flexible splash screen. Edit RadASM.ini to set bitmap, time it shows and
text to be displayed.
-Find now centers line vertically.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-04 10:04:43 by KetilO
Thanks KetiIO,

The Information on the DirectNews AddIn has been updated. I noticed you have an entry for the AddIn but no addin... (likely because it's so large)... I'll fix that...

Looks good,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-01-04 11:54:53 by _Shawn
Heya KetilO,

AFAIC there's not much changed...

Here's my little Bug-Report and WishList..

[*] RadASM still looses the Undo History upon compiling.
    [*] I can't see no Splash Screen - What to do?
    [*] Is it possible for the upcoming versions to save the colors, path settings and the latest Projects into another file? Would save me some copy pasting time.
    [*] The Tools turning into a ToolButton idea I proposed once.(I know I'm too lazy to write a plugin) Working on a project ;)

Best Regards,
    JimmyClif
Posted on 2002-01-04 12:11:58 by JimmyClif
Great work, KetilO!
I've found a little bug to:

[color=blue]szOFNFilter[/color] db [color=red]"Audio & Video", 0,
"*.mp3[/color][color=green];*.wav;*.wma;*.avi;*.mpg;*.mpeg", 0,[/color]
[color=red]"Audio (*.mp3, *.wav, *.wma)", 0, "*.mp3[/color][color=green];*.wav;*.wma", 0,[/color]
[color=red]"Video (*.avi, *.mpg, *.mpeg)", 0, "*.avi[/color][color=green];*.mpg;*.mpeg", 0, 0[/color]

That's, how this snippet looks in RadASM. It thinks, everything after the ";" is a comment...

bAZiK
Posted on 2002-01-04 12:31:50 by bazik
Hi JimmyCliff

-AFAIC there's not much changed...
Nothing much visible has changed, but believe me, a lot of code has been added and changed.

-RadASM still looses the Undo History upon compiling.
Stupid richedit, clears undo buffer when changed flag is reset.

-I can't see no Splash Screen - What to do?

Check RadASM.ini:

Bmp=c:\radasm\luha.bmp
nShow=3
1=10,120,$V
2=10,142,Copyright (C) KetilO 2001
3=10,164,ketil.olsen@jm-data.no

-Is it possible for the upcoming versions to save the colors, path settings and the latest Projects into another file? Would save me some copy pasting time.
Should be simple if I make an installer.

-The Tools turning into a ToolButton idea I proposed once.(I know I'm too lazy to write a plugin) Working on a project
Thought the accelerators you can set would do the trick.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-04 12:45:56 by KetilO
Hi bAZiK

A more "intelligent" hiliting method is needed to solve this. Not a very serious bug tho.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-04 12:52:19 by KetilO
Hi KetilO,

>>AFAIC there's not much changed...
>Nothing much visible has changed, but believe me, a lot of code >has been added and changed.

I hope you don't think I'm a bitch having said that :( ...
I really like RadASM :alright:
Posted on 2002-01-04 13:02:44 by JimmyClif
Hi JimmyClif

Dont worry. I don't get offended easily. It's ok. :grin:

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-04 13:08:16 by KetilO
Run RadASM.Click the blue title bar of OutPut and then Exit with x button of dialog it shows message box

title:RadASM v1.07
msg:DllProc

It happened me on previous versions too.
Also if I run Ascii addon after 10 chars it says buffer is full and I dont know how to free its buffer other than restarting RadASM.
AlsoI have defined Shift+F1 for Win32 Api help file which is first entry.However it opens the last help file which is masm32.hlp.In order to test I have defined Ctrl+F1 to Masmlib.htm but it opened one previous help file which is x86opcodes.Clicking from menu works good.

Keep up the good work :alright:
Posted on 2002-01-04 18:44:07 by LaptoniC
I've noticed that the scrolling of the source code is now incredibly faster... must have optimized some of the inner loops... way to go, that was annoying...

Anyway, when you open a text file in the project, can we opt to make our own font settings? For example, I want it to be a fixed width font, I have a hard time reading it in Ariel...

Thanks,
Shawn
Posted on 2002-01-05 01:54:09 by _Shawn
I just noticed I could lock project files and right clicking works in the project view to delete files. Way to go!

Kind of an extension of _Shawn's comment: can we have a way to define file types? That way we can create/use custom viewers/editors like for icon/hex/bitmap.
Posted on 2002-01-05 02:21:16 by bitRAKE
Hi lapToniC

Run RadASM.Click the blue title bar of OutPut and then Exit with x button of dialog
it shows message box

title:RadASM v1.07
msg:DllProc

I am not able to make this happend. Could you be more presice and also give me the addin setup from RadASM.ini?

Also if I run Ascii addon after 10 chars it says buffer is full and I dont know how to free its buffer other than restarting RadASM.

You have fonud a bug in the addin. I will correct it soon.

AlsoI have defined Shift+F1 for Win32 Api help file which is first entry.However it opens the last help file which is masm32.hlp.In order to test I have defined Ctrl+F1 to Masmlib.htm but it opened one previous help file which is x86opcodes.Clicking from menu works good.

In RadASM.ini there is a section:

;F1-Key=HelpFile
F1=$H\Win32.hlp
CF1=$H\x86eas.hlp
SF1=$H\Masm32.hlp
CSF1=$H\Rc.hlp

This defines the F1 help accelerators. And you must change the ini to re-arrange them. You can not use any accelerators that is alredy used elsewhere in RadASM on the make, tools and help menus.

KeyilO
Posted on 2002-01-05 03:00:23 by KetilO
Hi _Shawn

I've noticed that the scrolling of the source code is now incredibly faster... must have optimized some of the inner loops... way to go, that was annoying...

Well, some optimizing have been done. But, are you shure you have not only turned off smooth scrolling in windows?

Anyway, when you open a text file in the project, can we opt to make our own font settings? For example, I want it to be a fixed width font, I have a hard time reading it in Ariel...

Easy. Will be done.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-05 03:06:57 by KetilO
But, are you shure you have not only turned off smooth scrolling in windows?

I'm positive... even so, when I run both versions the older one is noticeably faster. I have a generic video card on my win2k machine, it's an 8mb AGP, but it's not very capable on the graphics side of things, so it's quite noticeable... on the other extreme, I'm using a PIII 1GHz with 512 MB RAM, it's still noticably faster/smoother in the 1.0.7 version...

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-01-05 03:11:02 by _Shawn
Hi bitRAKE

Kind of an extension of _Shawn's comment: can we have a way to define file types? That way we can create/use custom viewers/editors like for icon/hex/bitmap.

I guess you want to add these files to the project, and double click will open the file in the viewer / editor? Also the open file dialog can be used to open these files. Very good idea. 1.0.8 coming soon.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-05 03:14:49 by KetilO
Hi _Shawn

I must have done something that favors your card. On my macine the optimizing was bearly noticeable.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-05 03:25:36 by KetilO
Hi KetilO!

Since we're making wishlists here, I've got a suggestion myself:
Could you please put in some code to allow assembly of single asm files? When I open one of the samples from Masm32, the compile / build buttons are unavailable.
Posted on 2002-01-05 05:44:52 by Qweerdy
Thanks for answers.Help menu problem is solved.

My Addins section is like below

;FlipCase,x (1=Flip case, 2=Auto Show/Hide Output, 3=Both)
1=FlipCase.dll,1
;2=asciiTab.dll,1
;3=DlgToWin.dll,1
:4=MsdnHelp.dll,1

I get everytime same msgbox I dont know what is wrong but
I click tittle of OutPut windows so it has focus now.Then Alt+F4 to close RadASM it shows this msgbox.This only happens if output window has focus when exitting.
Posted on 2002-01-05 09:38:24 by LaptoniC
Hi Qweerdy
Could you please put in some code to allow assembly of single asm files? When I open one of the samples from Masm32, the compile / build buttons are unavailable.

In 1.0.8 this will be possible. Tools menu paramerer handling has been made more flexible.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-05 10:10:07 by KetilO
Hi LaptoniC

Seems like RadASM is sending messages to the addin dll's after they are unloaded. This does not happend if ini is set to:

;FlipCase,x (1=Flip case, 2=Auto Show/Hide Output, 3=Both)
1=FlipCase.dll,3

I will look into this.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-05 10:14:57 by KetilO