Hi everyone, I'm adding new pages again to my tutorial, and I would like to get some opinions on my new idea. I'm making a lesson which teaches step by step how an example program is written. I'm not finished, but here's a small example of what it will be: lesson mosaic game. This lesson is aimed at the real beginners in asm so this might seem very simple to most of you. What's your opinion on it? Is it too simple or just fine? Thomas
Posted on 2001-04-01 10:42:00 by Thomas
It's a great idea, and a fun game to pass the time. I don't think that it's too simplistic in explainations. Can you make the tut a .CHM file like your other tuts? Thank you, bitRAKE
Posted on 2001-04-01 12:15:00 by bitRAKE
I read thru a few pages (this is the ttype of thing you have to devote a lot of time to follow all the details, just what a new user should be doing). I kinda like/kinda scared by the topic of the program, it's slightly advanced. I've always been of the mind a tuttorial should be a short single subject, but then again, there are NO tuts on making a complete app. Even the classic Programming Windows books had both Petzold and Cluts to illustrate both styles. Otherwise it should help answer SOME new people questions. (They always seem to have lots more questions then we have answers.) My biggest dislike is the use of warez, are the Borland tools legal? Since MS is giving away rc.exe, why not use that?
Posted on 2001-04-01 12:16:00 by Ernie
bitRAKE: yes it will be available as chm when finished Ernie: I'm aware it's a little big program to start with but I also think it's good to see how such a program is put together. I don't encourage the use of warez and I use Visual Studio and rc as resource editor and compiler because I own them, BRW isn't supported by borland any more so I don't think they really care but I think you might be right about the compiler. Maybe I should consider a barehand version but I'm not really good at that as I've always used a resource editor. What we really need is a free (and good) resource editor :). Maybe a resource file reference would be useful... Thomas This message was edited by Thomas, on 4/1/2001 1:14:24 PM
Posted on 2001-04-01 13:12:00 by Thomas
hutch has the Symantic resource editor on his page. He's good about not posting warez, but I am not sure about it's pedagree. I usually use that with rc.exe.
Posted on 2001-04-01 13:33:00 by Ernie
I also know the Symantec resource editor but I just don't like the program :(, but of course this is a personal taste.
Posted on 2001-04-01 13:55:00 by Thomas
Sorry folks. Accidently replied to wrong message. Oh well... gfalen
Posted on 2001-04-01 21:59:00 by gfalen
I have changed all resource editor stuff to explanations of how to do it manually. This way it is legal and the reader is free to decide what resource editor he wants to use. Thomas
Posted on 2001-04-04 13:38:00 by Thomas
Thomas your tutorials are very well written i read many of them. Your page is in my bookmarks looking forward to any new tutorials written. As for new tutorials i wouldnt mind seeing something on the lines of a listview. how to make one, populate it with information from a file or whatever. Hopefully if you write it, it will include everything from the basic how to create one all the way to more advanced listview topics. as for your new tutorial that your going to write i will definetly read it. any new tutorial that deals with asm is definetly needed. thanks for supporting the asm community smurf This message was edited by smurf, on 4/4/2001 3:49:46 PM
Posted on 2001-04-04 15:47:00 by smurf