When I make dialog boxes or windows using either resource editor or createwindowex and put controls on them they look good on my computer. Sometimes other peoples complain and say half the button is missing or maybe edit control or text is not looking right. Anybody else have these problems? like is this dependent on the os or what and how to fix? any suggestions or ideas welcome best regards czDrillard
Posted on 2001-04-03 18:23:00 by czDrillard
The units a dialog box uses are some strange incantation based on the default system font size (like 5/8th height, something like that). If your system has some custom font, a dialog will look diffent on any system not using the same size font. I don't have any advixce to follow, just letting you know why this happens. Personally, I ignore it. I also use the default fonts on my system (my window background is also still window's green).
Posted on 2001-04-03 23:23:00 by Ernie
I've encountered the same problem with one of my progs, it seems that it happens if you change the font size or you choose some "large" scheme for windows.The workaround was to use a toolbar instead of 6 buttons :)))
Posted on 2001-04-04 18:15:00 by hangman
Thanx guys for your replies but I still dont know any more than I did before. :) Like this is a problem I dont want to ignore. I wrote some crackmes and other stuff before and lots of people, especially using Russian windows, complained that stuff is missing - like one of the buttons. this is pretty serious stuff and if there's a universal standard for acceptable font sizes that prevents this from happening on any OS like 9.x ME or NT what is it? Default font dont work. Any ideas? best regards, czDrillard
Posted on 2001-04-04 23:16:00 by czDrillard
If you want to handle any size of font, you're stuck with using GetTextMetrics to get the text size parameters. Then, with those parameters, you need to resize and relocate the (dialog) window and all of the controls.
Posted on 2001-04-05 14:24:00 by tank
Thanx Tank, But how do I resize dialog and all controls? Sorry but this not clear to me. Have you any links to examples? best regards
Posted on 2001-04-07 16:05:00 by czDrillard
Hi everybody here. To resize a control or a window or a dialog, you can use several API function like: -SetWindowPos You should know the handle of the control (or dialog...) You set the position, but you can resize and say you doesn't want the control to change position (in the last argument of the function, see Win32hlp) -MoveWindow You can also with it. There are maybe others ways to do it...
Posted on 2001-04-09 05:21:00 by Vom-bonjour:-()