I know, I know. The Assembler IDE topic has been beaten to death. :mad: But, thought I would check a last time with the guys who do write an IDE. My point in the past was to use INI files to store all internal data for an IDE as well as project data. Well, after several weeks of reasearch and actual practical use at my work place, I've changed my view and recommend using XML as the vehicle of communication between an IDE, it's data and project data as well as other IDE's. :) As a matter of fact, I have bigger plans later on when my IDE is pretty much out of beta (sometime this year). That's why I'm integrating an XML/DOM parser into the IDE itself. But, for now, if anyone is interested, I've made the VASM XML file available that shows the storage of the IDE's internal and project data combined. You can check it out as the XML IDE format for VASM. I know, some will probably stay with INI which is ok. Just wanted to share this information with you guys. Let me know what you think, please! :cool: This message was edited by rainbird, on 4/8/2001 12:57:13 PM
Posted on 2001-04-08 12:50:00 by rainbird
I started mine in XML also. For some reason or another, I chose not to do it that way. In fact, it was quite similar to yours. However, for my IDE here's the format I chose:

Project {
  Name = "MyCOMApp";
  Path = "C:\IDEa\Projects\MyCOMApp";

Version = "1.0.0a";

DefaultProcessor = ".486";
  DefaultModel = ".model flat, stdcall";
  DefaultCase = "option casemap:none:";

Assembler = "C:\masm32\bin\cl.exe";
  Linker = "C:\masm32\bin\ml.exe";

Type = "win32 DLL";
  Mode = "Release";  

Includes {