No matter what I do, even if I completely blank out the vertex buffer I'm using, calling DrawPrimitive locks my app. I've checked the syntax, I've tried using a completely blank vertex buffer, it still doesn't work? Any ideas? Thanks Ryan Fairfax
Posted on 2001-04-10 03:43:00 by thefaxman
well, if the function crashes exactly when you call it: it has to be some of the parameters that are wrong. Usualy its a structure size/components or a pointer (to a pointer :D). It can be the way that you call the method (unlikely if other methods from the same object work) like a wrong vtable entry If the function returns the check the error code/returned value show me the code section that crashes and the vars/structures definitions that are implicated in the call ... without them i cant advice more than this :)
Posted on 2001-04-12 08:08:00 by BogdanOntanu
Actually, I did figure out what was going wrong, I called SetVertexShader and omitted a necesary addr. It compiled, the function returned no error values, but it really messed up DrawPrimitive. Figures, it was everywhere but where I looked
Posted on 2001-04-12 19:18:00 by thefaxman