Hi all! I am not sure if I am the only one having problems with these two programs (IQTest and PassX) but maybe not. Since I am interested in programs of others I download and try them. :D When compiling his sources with the standart build all batch from QEditor (Which I like very much!) I am getting: LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to "SHELL32.dll" discarded by /OPT:REF What and where is the problem? Is it...
  • a source code problem?
  • a problem with my includes/libraries?
  • a problem with my computer/OS (Win98SE)?
  • a wrong setting in the buildall batch?
  • anything else?
  • I hope someone can help me. I definitely need to know what my IQ is in reality :P Stefan
    Posted on 2001-04-10 06:14:00 by Stefan Krause
    I had that too once, when I had included shell32.lib & shell32.inc but didn't make a call to any functions in it. Just put a ; in front of the shell32 inc's/lib's ;)
    Posted on 2001-04-10 06:22:00 by JimmyClif
    That Warning message in actual life does nothing, and really means nothing. All it is there to do is indicate, (in this case) in the source code, there is the includes for Shell32.Dll, but there is no imported functions in the dll used

include \masm32\include\shell32.inc
    includelib \masm32\lib\shell32.lib

When compiling the source code, masm includes in the object file the references to shell32.dll because its is stated to in the source file. However when it comes to linking, the linker must build a table to tell windows which dlls to load for the process & which functions to import from each dll. But... in this case there are no functions to include with that dll, so there would be no point in having space taken up in (and would probably invalidate) your exe with somethin that did nothing. If ya get what i mean
    Posted on 2001-04-10 06:49:00 by George
    Ups sorry guys, I haven't seen this post until now :) George gave the exlpanation.... I am using this Header.asm in all my projects so I have loaded it with all basic inc/lib files I may need :)
    Posted on 2001-05-16 15:49:00 by Milos