All in favor, say "I". I'm currently in the process of gleaning all 6000+ posts and looking for frequent questions to start builing a FAQ. If people would like to help, that would be great. It's all about time time time (I also started my IDE over again and have the C-2-asm thing going on). I should have it complete soon. Thanks, _Shawn
Posted on 2001-04-10 17:10:00 by _Shawn
Say "I" Excellent idea, glad you thought of it. Regardless of whether you glean this from posts, File types, which tools are used with them (ml.exe, link.exe, etc.), which editors would be used with them, and what the darn file does, and the differences/equivalences (yes even those obsolete ones). .mak .asm .inc .h .lib .rc .obj .dll .exe .bin .hex .com (I don't know for sure where a .rc file fits in the big picture?) (PE file, where do I find a definition, how can I identify one?) :P
Posted on 2001-04-10 17:40:00 by SFinegan
finally! i've been lurking around the threads for only 3 months now and i've seen the same questions asked again and again. i wonder you ppl like you, hutch, and ernie never get tired answering them. anyway, i'm pretty good w/ web pages so if you need some help in this area, i'd be glad to give a hand. not that you can't do it, but in case it could free some of your time ;). and also, i'd like to thank for your ongoing work on the C-Asm docs. i can't tell you how much the few you have published have already made a lot of things clearer to me. pls keep it up!
Posted on 2001-04-11 04:19:00 by pixelwise