month ago i wrote a program that , save the screen current picture, draw something to the screen and right after that draw the saved screen picture back ,. now my problem that its flick alot and that's not good for me what the program actully is to flick picture to the screen and refresh the screen so normal eyes wont notice the picture and keep working with the computer normaly if any 1 can help me ,no metter the way , DirectX ,WinApi and etc...... i need to do this ,
Posted on 2001-04-10 22:01:00 by eko
How often do you draw it? If the answer is "not very often..." you might concider creating a transparent window (ie, one that doesn't repaint the background, so it looks just like what it's over) where you intend to draw, draw on this window, then delete it. Bingo, very fast cleanup. Should be eazy on the flicker too.
Posted on 2001-04-10 22:40:00 by Ernie
hmmmm, depends how fast do u need it on the screen? if your willing you could just hook up a timer and like every .03 or whatever seconds blast the image onto the screen, you could tweek the timer for your computer so that it would look good, cuz it sounds like you putting it onto the screen too many times in a short amount of time.... The only other alternative i can see is using Direct X and create a back surface and blast that onto the screen mabe, -brad
Posted on 2001-04-10 22:46:00 by Rage9
Dangit Ernie, u beat me too it, :] -brad
Posted on 2001-04-10 22:47:00 by Rage9
i want to draw to the screen a picture and very fast remove it , so the user wont notice that i painted a picture to the screen,..... my way was to save the screen picture , draw something to the screen and draw back what i save , all those function should be very fast so the user not notice to any change, i tried do it with api but it flicks to me , so i dont know what to do if any 1 can help me , give me some source that not flicks(direct x ,api ...)
Posted on 2001-04-11 10:43:00 by eko
drawing dirrectly to the screen will cause flickering because you will see the process of drawing. you need to first draw to a buffer then set the picture from the buffer to where you need it. take a look at Thomas Bleeker's tutorial on a mosaic game. he shows you how it can be done in section 7. CHECK IT OUT HERE smurf
Posted on 2001-04-11 12:46:00 by smurf
Thanks , i'll check this .. .. and again... if any one has source code example for this and can give me it will be great
Posted on 2001-04-11 13:51:00 by eko