Just trying to find how to convert a dll into a lib so it can be attached at compile time to the .exe and not have to be used as a standalone .dll FK
Posted on 2001-04-14 22:38:00 by freddyk
Freddy, Basically it cannot be done, a DLL is a working piece of binary code that differs from an EXE file only in that it does not have a starting address to run it. Jeremy Collake has a toy that will add a DLL into your source code that may do the job for you but it is still used like a DLL not a library module. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-04-16 03:11:00 by hutch--
Hi We now have a licensed copy of TASM 5.0 :) First if you make a .lib it does not mean .dll will be included in the .exe :D it just means the .dll will be linked to your proggy at run time ... i dont know a way to include the .dll in your exe...and even if one exist (i belive it can be done) ... it kinda defies the pupose of .dll = to be loaded only once in memory for all proggy that needs it...kinda system extensions I think you should use impdef.exe to make a .def file from a .dll file and then implib.exe to make a .lib from a .def but i will also check the nice printed manuals :) Bogdan
Posted on 2001-04-17 18:42:00 by BogdanOntanu
I too have a legit copy of TASM 5.0(amazing but true), and get most confused when I read the manuals (it'd be nice if they related more to Win32 asm but oh well...) Ill give the trick you note a try. And the reasoning for doing this is so I can compile the aplib.dll file into my PENightmare program so I can release it as a standalone prog not needing any other files to be transmitted with it. FK
Posted on 2001-04-18 02:21:00 by freddyk
Freddy, Have a look at Jibz's site for the examples that come with aPlib as I think they have a Borland format that may link directly into TASM source. http://members.nbci.com/jibz/apack/dload.htm Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-04-18 02:57:00 by hutch--