Posted on 2001-04-17 14:31:00 by Hiroshimator
Looks Great to me, but ah, could you possibly add the 'you are here' arrow....? ;) NaN
Posted on 2001-04-17 15:08:00 by NaN
your wish is my command :D
Posted on 2001-04-17 17:19:00 by Hiroshimator
HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Thanx Hiro, you just made my day.... :D :D :D
Posted on 2001-04-17 17:21:00 by NaN
.......I have to agree w/ you Hirosimator.....BTW thanx w/ the avatar........
Posted on 2001-04-17 18:03:00 by *unknown*
Clarification: The messageboard will stay of course and should have the same functionality as you're used to: Private messageboards will still exist (bet you didn't knew we had some right now :D) Container forums like the 'All' forum will stay too, since they have proved their worth. Topics will have a 'must see' rating (those of you that visit arstechnica know what I mean) indicating when a topic is really interesting and thus a 'must see' Polls will stay, but I'll try to integrate both check as radio buttons, so multiple values can be checked at once. Only registered members can vote, just like now. Projects: Possibility to upload and delete files on a registered user basis. Each project gets it's own messageboard, the project creator is the moderator on the forum. These forums are private and can only be visited by members registered to the project. Only active projectmembers can view/download the files, others can only look at the project's status. Tutorials/Articles: Possibility to upload tutorials and divide them into categories. Everey tutorial gets a public forum. News: News can be uploaded but I'm not sure by whom right now. Every news item can be commented on (like slashdot). Code-base: files and source can be uploaded. Divided into categories. Everycode piece should get it's forum or possibility to comment. Revision numbers and multiple file versions should be incorporated as well. Members: The usual thing. Members will get their own little space, listing their files, articles,projects,... They'll get favorites and whatever else we can think of. Private messages will also be available inter members (ability to block specific members from sending you messages) Some things are still uncertain (I have to look at my possibilities on the new space) but will get clearer in the future. I post this so that you can get a clearer view in the monstrosity that I've derived from all your suggestions :D comment, comment, comment :)
Posted on 2001-04-18 04:34:00 by Hiroshimator
e-mailaddresses given by members will be verified this time: it will send you a message and you will have to reply to become a member. That way I can use it for e-mailnotification on your private forums, when you get a PM, etc... e-mails will be confidential of course. I'll add the option not to show the e-mail and all e-mails will get a nospam tag automatically added in so crawling spiders dont leech your e-mail addresses. This message was edited by Hiroshimator, on 4/18/2001 5:15:40 AM
Posted on 2001-04-18 05:15:00 by Hiroshimator
Ummm, I can recive email, but I cant send it as that part of my companys email sever still doesnt work for about 4 months now???
Posted on 2001-04-18 15:28:00 by asm_happy
asm_happy, Get a hotmail one or something then, they are all free and you can use the web to read/write emails. umbongo
Posted on 2001-04-18 15:35:00 by umbongo