Hi all, I have to keep the message short because I just lost my last message due to timeout. SHIT!! Okay, I have a simple window and I loaded a bitmap on it using GDI with the WM_PAINT thing. Now I think it would be cool having such an animation as one finds on the title image of Space-Tris (the bit by bit displaying of the bitmap and not immediately complete. Has anyone a source for me showing this? Please help me Stefan
Posted on 2001-04-17 18:34:00 by Stefan Krause
Hi Show me the Space Tris image and i will try explain you how to make a similar one :D Besides i think you cen use "SetDIBits" or something to do anything...allmost like in DirectX...only slower? And ...yeah dont forget to make a backbuffer for no tearing/artifacts on GDI animations ..
Posted on 2001-04-18 08:53:00 by BogdanOntanu
Hi Bogdan, thanks for offering help. The final thing I want to achieve is what the GIF below shows. Posted on 2001-04-18 10:18:00 by Stefan Krause
Hi That is simple instead or DX Blt() methos use the BitBlt GDI function (please note diffrent parameters and calling conventions) on BitBlt start with a nWidth parameter of 1 then increment it until you get to the original source picture width oh...and yeah... first blit a full (or fill if so like) the background with dark grey or something :) on the whole width
Posted on 2001-04-18 17:09:00 by BogdanOntanu
Hmm, I think the party yesterday has somehow been too:
  • long
  • hard
  • drunk
  • I should have thought in this direction myself but I thank you Bogdan. Great to know there are people outside helping programmers who don't find the solution I didn't say, that my question or I have been stupid *g* Stefan
    Posted on 2001-04-18 18:39:00 by Stefan Krause
    Dont worry i cannot stand GDI myself, anything i try to do with any functions, either works completly against all documentation (such as SetPixel only works with screen DC's and will not work with anything else (Or at least i couldn't get it to and if anyone could tell me why it would be much appreciated)), or manages to crash the entired OS for some reason i could not figure out for my life. That is all the luck i have ever had with GDI so yeah
    Posted on 2001-04-19 03:18:00 by George
    Stefan, Along with BogdanOntanus suggestion, I'd also increase the offset in BitBlt too, that was you not doing this:- BitBlt column 1... BitBlt column 1 and 2... BitBlt column 1,2 and 3... etc, you'll do this:- BitBlt column 1... BitBlt column 2... BitBlt column 3... It will (ok should) be quicker, and smoother... umbongo
    Posted on 2001-04-19 05:34:00 by umbongo