how about a section where people can paste a code snippet written in vc++ and other people try to translate it to masm? i think that this would be very helpfull for many people 'cause many of usefull sources are written in vc++. it is self-explaining that people can't paste a whole source, but just a few snippets. what you guys think about that idea? bye
Posted on 2001-04-22 06:53:00 by [SaFc0n]
I'm writing a tutorial on C/C++ to Assembly. It's MASM specific in some cases, will be Borland compatible at some point, an in all cases, tries to compensate to pure non-assembler specific assembly as well. It's only just begun. http://visualassembler.freeservers.com/Research.html Actually, the online version is currently out of date, I'll update it soon. Today is my birdthday so I'm busy. Betov also will be including my tutorials in one of his distributions. Well, using the knowledge from my tutorials, many of the samples submitted to Iczelion I've been able to succesfully revert into a pure C counterpart. I can't wait until it's complete. A section for such translations would be cool. As for my tutorials, I'm planning 3 parts, and 2 bonus parts for a total of 5. I'm currently expecting a couple months until completion. If anyone would like the current version of my tutorials, I have them in Word 2000 Doc format, email me and I'll send it to you. Otherwise, keep you eye on the link posted above. I'll update it every so often. _Shawn
Posted on 2001-04-22 14:34:00 by _Shawn
_Shawn, I think that a tute in C is great BUT a tute on C++ would be even better. A tute explaining things like inheritance, polymorphism, run-time resolving, &c from an asm perspective would be jumped on by a lot of folks. Big audience, me too! However, conceptually, the C to asm step is relatively small but the C++ to asm (or even C) is actually large. Many people put C/C++ on their rezoom but they actually code in a C style. OO can be done in asm & it can be done better/quicker than it's done by VC++. But we'd replace the complier squawking at us all the time & telling us "thou shall not" with discipline & intelligent rule breaking.
Posted on 2001-04-24 14:34:00 by rafe
If I remember rightly the UCR standard library has a basic outline for OO in assembly in it, I think it was only in the prototype stage, but whats there is pretty good. umbongo
Posted on 2001-04-24 17:05:00 by umbongo
I am writing a C to asm, and a C++ to assembly guides. I will also be writing tutorials on mathmatics in assembly and reverse engineering. The c to assembly is being written as we speak, C++ to assembly is also being researched as we speak. More to come. _Shawn
Posted on 2001-04-24 20:53:00 by _Shawn