I have a console app that when started check for internet connection availability and than download someting from the web and close it self. But I need to implement two new features to it and don't know how. It should stay in memory even if conn is not available and check for it periodicaly and than download the file. And the socond one is to implement download resume function. I would send my 3 KB app to anyone who is able to append these features to it and send it back to me. with a bit of comment. Thank you very much. i am absolute beginner in MASM. Thank you. Radim.
Posted on 2001-04-23 15:19:00 by raguru
raguru, If you want your program to "stay in memory", you could write to the registry or modify the WIN.INI file. These techniques will just make your program run when Windows starts. If you want it to check for an internet connection just call your function and if it returns "bad", then invoke Sleep for a while and just loop it 'til it returns "good". About the resume broken downloads........I have no clue ;-) Good luck, *unknown*
Posted on 2001-04-23 16:13:00 by *unknown*
if you call the API, and wait for error if not connected, win32 will only return the error after showing a connect dialog... better use InternetGetConnectionState(), from wininet.dll there, in wininet, you will find other APIs that maybe can help you with the resume thingie
Posted on 2001-04-23 21:25:00 by Kala-Marai
I haven't reviewed this source, but it's description seemed to be what you were looking for. I think it's just a way to go Ring0, but I'm not sure. You can download it here. *unknown*
Posted on 2001-04-24 11:03:00 by *unknown*