Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me an idea on how to change a dialogs titlebar color? I'm loading the dialog from a resource file if it makes any difference. Probably not ;). Also, I'd like to know how to change the titlebar's buttons (Minimize, Maximize, Close) to bitmaps or at least change the grey to a different color as well. Thanks for the help! :D
Posted on 2001-04-23 17:08:00 by bl00dbath
The caption color and those buttons are all part of the 'non-client' area. While you can work there yourself intercepting the weird "NC" messages, it can be a draining expierance trying to track them all down. Personally, I gave up and used an easier way. I defined a region as large as the client area of my window, then applied that. This masks off the caption, buttons, etc. I found it easier to re-create them they to try to change the existing ones. My tut on this is Custom Captions (and shapes too).
Posted on 2001-04-23 20:06:00 by Ernie
Alright I'll give it a look Ernie. Thanks for your feedback! :D I just checked out your code, and thats what I wanna do, but I noticed your program used a window, I'm using a dialog box as my main window which is loaded from a resource file so I don't really know how I would apply this example... This message was edited by bl00dbath, on 4/24/2001 1:45:09 AM
Posted on 2001-04-24 01:34:00 by bl00dbath