is there an alternate messageboard to this board, like a "Mac PowerPC OS 8 Assembler messageboard" ?
Posted on 2001-04-25 11:30:00 by beaster
Not to my knowledge but you could try searching for a yahoo group. As a programmer I tend to stick mainstream, because that's where all the support, software, developement tools and money are! All I can say is check for a yahoo group. See ya, Ben
Posted on 2001-04-25 20:28:00 by cyberben
find enough people and the necessary tools and we could create you one I guess. What do the rest of you think of it?
Posted on 2001-04-26 02:11:00 by Hiroshimator
MAC Schmack, with 2% of the market, who cares. :)
Posted on 2001-04-26 03:50:00 by hutch--
well that's actually how I see MACs as well, but we have to stay tolerant :D
Posted on 2001-04-26 03:59:00 by Hiroshimator
thanks for your sympathy. I don't think MACINTOSH to be a better system, but some people think so, especially designer. So the question for me is - how to port my application from Win32 Assebmler to MAC -> ofcause in Assembler :) Actually I cannot name some more people, which follow the assembler way on MAC, but I know (hope?) they are out there. One thing about APPLE is very nice - the coding tools and even the documentation is much more better than the Microsoft stuff! The quality of support for developers is far beyond Mr. Gates. You can download tons on pdf files which describe ALL APIs, and you have mountains of APIs, which are mostly equal to the microsoft stuff, f.e. GDI, DirectX, Direct3D, Drivers, Multimedia Services, etc. Sometimes I wonder, who has copied from another... beaster.
Posted on 2001-04-26 04:53:00 by beaster
Well, isn't the general idea of win32asm to spread knowledge? As long as we stick to legal things (since I wouldn't like to see this excellent messageboard being busted), I think knowledge spreading of any kind (well, ok, computer & programming related) should be encouraged - EVEN if it's for a niche product like the MAC. MAC assembly programming probably isn't big enough to set up a separate messageboard, but you could add a "oddball" forum for all those questions that aren't really win32 or x86-asm related.
Posted on 2001-04-26 10:18:00 by f0dder
beaster, you mean all APIs they want you to know. MS has all this info as well. And they both copied from others and each other :P BTW I use MACs at work, so I do have a bit of experience in using them. I'm not just plain bashing them. (part of the reason why I find the wintel platform to be better) This all said: I wouldn't mind programming for the mac I think, might be fun to do. What assembler can be used for it?
Posted on 2001-04-26 14:44:00 by Hiroshimator