I thought a program that write other program. Example: - The user choose a lot of values. - The values are stored in an array. - The program, then, write other program that contain that array and make some calculations with it. This is possible? Thanks very much any help.
Posted on 2001-04-26 19:39:00 by wolfao
MMMMM, A program that writes a program. I have heard of making a program that would allow others to make programs without using a language, just by selecting options from a wizard, each step in each function for module would create a new or different question and the menus ect can be made just like in a resource editor. all this sounds great, but this all can be done, but then how do you connect all the events together the way they should be without writing in a language?? I had a program that I wrote that did all of the above and it made a asm file of what you wanted I had no problems with doing anything you could dream of, it was like those HTML programs that you do your page visualy then it wrote the HTML for you, I gave up on this idea when it came to dealing with the event handlers ect. so good luck on your indevers.
Posted on 2001-04-26 23:44:00 by Zcoder
Sure its possible.. just takes alot of design and forthought towards the needed boundies that would be the extent of its abilities. I had some simular typed ideas for a RAD IDE.. now that i just finished exams i might try to tackle the topic.. dunno, the MP3 idea sounds good to tho ( Since it is more hardware orientated ) :) E-Mail me with your idea's or ICQ me (since you offered to work on the MP3 idea and seem to be intersted in colaborating on a project with someone).. Im personally up for any real challenge that i wont have to be graded on :) (School has me burnt).. NaN
Posted on 2001-04-27 14:16:00 by NaN
A good example is a (newer win32) winzip self extractor. They are made from a wizard
Posted on 2001-04-29 06:11:00 by George
if the code is the same, and only the data is different, this should be pretty easy to do. this is how you do it: you code your "child" program, and leave all the data zeroed, or in case you don't know the size of the data, create a new section with a label in it that will enable the child program to access it. then you insert the whole program as a resource, or a new section in your "parent" program. when you want to create a new child with customized data, you just extract the core program from your resource, dump it to the disk and then insert your date inside it (and update the section/image size in case you used a new section). if the code is different too, then i guess you have a problem :P i know this explanation wasn't very clear, email me or join irc if you need more info.
Posted on 2001-04-29 08:37:00 by fresh
Fresh is absolutely right :) Just take the approach of a file patcher..where you have a already compiled chiled exe inside your main exe. Drop it when needed,fill the .data section and boom..there you got a working exe. I have started coding a file patcher..if you want the sources i can send them to you. Bye mate. Latigo
Posted on 2001-04-29 15:27:00 by latigo
not as so difficult task hum hum i have made a similar progs as a wizard in fact it is a patch wizard so there is a exe file which contains the finder and the empty-data patch. Well, the finder, as its name indicates, find the difference between two files and write the data in the patch (which step by step, contains more and more data until the end of the search) how did i bring my project ok --> with many hours of hard working but it's now ok, and totally functional hum, at the early beginning you have two choice absolute or relative pointing this pointing will help the patch finding the data and the adresse where it will write it. the easiest way to do it is to use absolute pointing but this method suppose that you know the total number of difference (which can be extremly randomized) (PS : sorry, i'm french, and even student... lol). So sometimes, the size of the patch is filled by blank, sometimes it is full of data, and even sometimes, the patching data oversize the patch itself... in that case the patch does not work.... gloups gloups so it suppose that you choose, arbitrarly, a zone where you will put data in, which can be too large or too small... the only way to have a 4x4 wheels-driving patch is to use relative pointing but this is very hard to do you have to include dead zone into your empty patch, then search for difference, then put the number in pointerOfTotalOfDifference.... then feed the patch by empty data in order to put in the patch data... etc... i think my example is not well-explained, but i'm only in 1S, and i have only 3hours 30 minutes of english each weeks, which i mean is not enough lol lol
Posted on 2001-04-30 15:59:00 by ZeuX
First of all,NaN, I'm finishing exams (and my health...) too. But I'm still interesting in the MP3 work. About the RECURSION routine, I would like to see latigo's code (Thanks in advance!) I understood a few what fresh said, but not too much. Can you explain how 'insert' the program as resource? and...what about the new 'section'? (thanks) The main interest upon this code is to increase the speed to find solution for an 1,000,000 by 1,000,000 linear system. If we can create a .exe code with just the data necessary and yet prepared for the solver routine then, I thought, we could gain speed. I would like to avoid passing parameters (a lot of QWORD values) My routine wrote in FORTRAN takes 2 days to process! that fu..! Thanks all. :)
Posted on 2001-05-04 19:16:00 by wolfao