I thought this little prog might be of some help to everyone. I kept screwing up my code and not being able to undo what I did. Especially if it was over a few hundred lines. This little program is called avs and all it does is make a backup of your source in a subfolder in your projects directory with a build number attached to the end. I inserted a line like "\masm32\bin\avsbuild %1.asm" in my build.bat file after a check to see if %1.exe exists. It doesn't support multiple source files or log changes or anything like that because I simply didn't need any of that. One day when I do I'll enhance it. Anyway I hope this helps those that need something like this. Feel free to hack it up to suit your needs.
Posted on 2002-01-06 12:18:14 by rdaneel
I use RadASM.

Everytime you make a change and save, RadASM saves a copy in the Bak directory. Works for all the files in the project. The Bak directory can get large quick, but loosing code hurts you somewhere deep inside. :grin:
Posted on 2002-01-06 12:51:58 by bitRAKE
Where do I get RadASM? I'm using the standard quickedit setup that came with the masm32 package.
Posted on 2002-01-06 13:47:48 by rdaneel
Hi rdaneel

Where do I get RadASM? I'm using the standard quickedit setup that came with the masm32 package.

See the IDE forum on this board.:grin:

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-06 14:51:20 by KetilO