I am sure that alot of you know about GetSystemMetrics, but i thought id write about it for people that dont know With this one function, you can get alot of information about the system. some of the stuff u can do: - Find out how the system booted (normal boot, fail-safe etc.) -The number of buttons on the users mouse -Loads of info on the size and states of various windows - etc. but the most useful thing i found was the SM_CYSCREEN and the SM_CXSCREEN. these would be pretty helpful if u wanted to make a program fullscreen, but before u do that, black out all of the window so they dont see that hick-up (as much)when the monitor changes resolution so u could put it in CreateWindow (or EX if u want) in the place of the app's width and height, like.... invoke GetSystemMetrics,SM_CY(X)SCREEN push whereever, eax or something like that :) im still learning so dont flame me too much if something is wrong with that
Posted on 2001-05-03 03:04:00 by Jester
That should be "mov whereever, eax" I just had to mention it :D
Posted on 2001-05-03 05:48:00 by Qweerdy
dont know if i get you, but you can also use ShowWindow(handle_of_some_window, SW_MAXIMIZE);..and then change resolution...
Posted on 2001-05-03 07:27:00 by Geecko
whoops about the push :D what i mean is that u can use the function to return the width and height of the users desktop, then black it all out (by making a window that has no borders,menus etc, WS_POPUP comes to mind?)and then change the resolution without it looking as ugly
Posted on 2001-05-03 08:59:00 by Jester