Hi there! I am starting Win32ASM for the first time.!!!! I was programming using the following : Year Language ---- -------= 1989 MSX BASIC 1990 Z80 Assembly Language 1994 Amos, Blitz Basic (Amiga) 1995 Visual Basic (Still using it untill now) Just needed to introduce my self and hey, everybody out there how do you find Win32Asm programming? I mean is it really worth learning it? I know I may seem Idiot but I need some encourage!!!!!!!! bye!
Posted on 2001-05-03 13:28:00 by Sphinx
hi Spinx, if you stay in asm32 don't lose a second and the 'encourage' will come with the firsts .exe ! bye Angelo
Posted on 2001-05-03 16:01:00 by angelo
Knowing the Darkness and the Light, I don't believe;)
Posted on 2001-05-03 16:27:00 by Test Department
Man... I'll tell you about my programs. I separate my programs: before Win32Asm and after Win32Asm. The former: fuc... slowly and big. The later: very speed and small. I did a lot of slow/big programs with VB. It mislead us because we write programs rapdily. But, when you'll learn Win32Asm, you will hate (more) VB. I feel that I lost lime with VB. Now I think, sincerely, easier write Asm than VB. Most of this because we have the control of the machine/OS. Look:

mov eax,2
  mov ebx,3
  add eax,ebx
That's cool!! there's no other way to sum 2 to 3. (basically) You are lucky (like me) because Iczelion did very good tutorials. Go study it: http://spiff.tripnet.se/~iczelion/ There is other very good tutorials wrote by people on this AsmCommunity. Thomas has one good too. Good luck! :)
Posted on 2001-05-04 21:48:00 by wolfao
Hay, your like me, I was using VB from about 1995 until I found Assembly. I'd certainly recommend you learn, read the 16bit Art Of Assembly (Stay away from 32bit) up to about Ch 6 before you look a Iczelions tutorials. And this is not to scare you but coming form VB to assembly is hard if you don't understand Windows procedures, resource files, subclassing controls, etc. However Iczelions tutorials will explain all of this to you, just don't rush too fast.
Posted on 2001-05-05 06:02:00 by Zadkiel
Thanks everybody, I am gonna learn and master Asm32 I need to be a real programmer and I promise you all that I will. Bye! Hey TEST DEPARTMENT look at this : " Allah! there is no GOD but He,the Alive, the Eternal Power. Neither alumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedes with Him save by His leave? He knows that which is in front of them and that which behind them while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His Throne includes the heavens and the earth and He is never weary pf preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous " Holy Qura'an
Posted on 2001-05-07 02:52:00 by Sphinx
OK guys NO religious discussions either please. Religious discussions usually can't be won because people tend to hold to their own believes. e.g. for me Jezus is a bit more then 'just a prophet', if you catch my drift. This will not help my nor your ASM experience so let us just keep religion to ourselves OK? Thanks :)
Posted on 2001-05-07 04:13:00 by Hiroshimator
Sphinx, To answer your original question, I will refer to your signoff message which is an historically interesting one. The distinction between light and darkness has been around from before the Christian era and this is testified in the dead sea scrolls that have been recovered from the Wadi Qumran area in modern day Israel. The distinction has generally been used to refer to knowledge as against ignorance and it is here where your question can be answered. When you learn to write in assembler, you are not shielded from what is happening but you are actually writing the most basic and powerful programming language that exists on a current PC. Many programmers who write assembler also write in other languages but they do it better from knowing how things really work. This knowledge in computer terms will bring you out of the darknes into the light so to answer your original question, yes it is worth learning to write in assembler. Perhaps in the way of your faith Allah has guided you to come in this direction and what you will learn will be his blessing to you. One thing we must ask of you, this forum has people from around the world come to it and this means there are many different cultures and beliefs here. We ask you to respect this as your faith is also respected and we must not have any form of Jihad here, just friends who help each other out. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-05-07 05:31:00 by hutch--
OK everybody, "There is no compulsion in religion" let's get stucked to Assembly programming! BYE!
Posted on 2001-05-07 08:09:00 by Sphinx