Just letting you know I just got an asm COM dll object to correctly fire an event in VB.

All the usual VB 'easy on the programmer' stuff is there, like once I declared:

Dim WithEvents MC3 As MyCom3

I got a MC3 object in the object browser, and the event was there to choose (along with the assosciated handler stub code)

There is a lot to document here, but most of the grunt work is inside a lib and an inc file. Converting MyCom2 into an event generator took about 4 extra lines in the code (2 to declare the event and 1 each to fire the event).

Keep watching and I'll post when the tut is posted on my site.
Posted on 2002-01-06 23:57:46 by Ernie
The man is insane!!!

(take a moment to eat, ok Ernie :) )

Actually, what your up to sounds pretty cool, I wish i could find time to get into it, but unfortunately, i need to *graduate* this year (which entails building a robot on my own and learning everything on my own as i go along ~ with monkeys (er, profs) on my back ~ )

However, I look forward to the tut..
NaN
Posted on 2002-01-08 03:22:43 by NaN
OK, the tut is there.

I dunno, but it seems a good tut used to take a lot more work then this did. I think I'm getting lazy in my old age.

Whatever. Events are now both sourced and sinked on my site.
Posted on 2002-01-08 17:42:42 by Ernie
Wow. One of the most remarkable things I ever saw.
Posted on 2002-01-09 03:49:14 by japheth
Any more comments little j?

:-)
Posted on 2002-01-09 18:42:57 by Ernie
That's funny Ernie! I was going to say something when I first saw his comment, but good thing I didn't - looks so much better now. japheth is obviously impressed with your work in this area. I certainly am - us COM newbies need to be spoon fed this type of stuff (puns are impossible in this). :grin:
Posted on 2002-01-09 20:23:00 by bitRAKE