Im trying to find a free alternative to ultraedit, i can't find another editor that handles rectangular selection. Do you know one?
Posted on 2001-05-09 16:29:00 by sombrax
Use TextPad, its not freeware though
Posted on 2001-05-09 18:21:00 by Zadkiel
Not to tout my own horn too much, VASM does support rectangular/line selections. :)
Posted on 2001-05-09 18:51:00 by rainbird
VASM also hasn't been updated since february last i checked.. which was all of 5 minutes ago..
Posted on 2001-05-10 00:46:00 by mc
Asmstudio does as well! A new update is on it's way. www.asmstudio.cjb.net
Posted on 2001-05-10 01:00:00 by Jon Richardson
An internal editor of FAR can do it. You can use Colorer (it's a plug-in for FAR) to highlighting syntax. It's cool! But FAR is shareware.
Posted on 2001-05-10 01:52:00 by vkim
http://www.editplus.com , which IMHO is better than textpad. It's smaller and a bit faster, too. Combine that with hex workshop for hex editing (or HIEW when you need to do PE file editing).
Posted on 2001-05-10 05:43:00 by f0dder
MC: If all goes well, I'll release the next version of VASM this weekend. Here are the new features: - Code Complete WinAPI ToolTip for all API's (all SDK's) using threads for speed that analyzes your assembler code (extremely fast) - WinAPI code sensitive help (if you have WINAPI.HLP in your path) combined with the ToolTip help to get detailed API help - C to ASM include utility written by a VASM supporter that translates all C headers into either MASM, TASM, NASM, or SPASM syntax - Project Manager with XML support is completed. This now allows you to assemble your projects and groups. - XML is now used to store all project and internal data - MASM ML.EXE and LINK.EXE options support completed (TASM, NASM later). These can be set for each project individually No doubt that this update to VASM is by far the biggest one. That's why it took me so long since February. This will bring VASM a big step closer to a beta version later this year (still aiming to be around summer time). Like I said, if all goes well, I'll release the new version this weekend. Have Fun! :)
Posted on 2001-05-10 11:33:00 by rainbird