All: I have the workings of a basics Hello World NT Device Driver and was wondering if there is any interest in seeing an Asm tutorial on such a topic? The tutorial would include a C version of the device driver along with a test app (done in both Asm and C) and cover a range from the basic IRP's (to include IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL) to a quick section on how to enum the PCI bus. Would you like to see a Asm based NT Device Driver Tutorial Yes No Don't Care Madprgmr
Posted on 2001-05-10 17:46:00 by madprgmr
Yes... So very very very much! Finding information (without spending 100$ for a gamble on a text) in this subject has been difficult. And to find someone willing to talk about it in my favourite language is impossible. :) NaN
Posted on 2001-05-11 00:09:00 by NaN
That would be very nice! BTW. Is it impossible to write that driver too in asm?
Posted on 2001-05-11 08:38:00 by SamiP
SamiP: >>Is it impossible to write that driver too in asm? Here is what I have done. I have taking a basic Hello World Nt device driver (written in C), that responds to the following IRP's: 1) IRP_MJ_CREATE 2) IRP_MJ_CLOSE 3) UNLOAD 4) IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL And translated it to an Assembly language version. I have also done the same thing with the program that I used to test the functionality of the device driver. When completed, I will zip everything up (that way the directory structure is preserved) and supply both versions of the Driver. -- MadPrgmr --
Posted on 2001-05-11 12:53:00 by madprgmr
Larry have you checked iczelion's tutes about VXD programming? Bye Latigo
Posted on 2001-05-13 14:18:00 by latigo
great idea! i need to make nt driver but don't know where to begin. I'm waiting for your tut :)
Posted on 2001-05-15 06:12:00 by gael
For all of you that have taken the time to show interest in this thread, I just want to let you know that I am currently working on the text part of the tutorial (the code part was the easy part). Sorry that it is taking so long but between work and fighting off one heck of a cold my free time has been scarce. -- Mad Prgmr --
Posted on 2001-05-15 13:52:00 by madprgmr
I am sorry to report that I will not have time to finish up the tut as I just lost my job today and must redirect all of my engery twoards finding a new one. When I get some available time, I will try to continue my work. -- MadPrgmr --
Posted on 2001-05-25 20:25:00 by madprgmr
Im truely sorry to hear this :( I would like to ask tho, if you dont mind, would you be able to Email me or load the souce code anyways?? (you mentioned that was the ez part earlier..) If its a hastle dont bother, just thought i would ask Good luck on the job search, NaN
Posted on 2001-05-26 11:38:00 by NaN
good luck in finding a job of your liking soon
Posted on 2001-05-26 12:32:00 by Hiroshimator